Pullied cobra vs cam only C5z

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
So i went out tonight and was set up with a "bolt on" c5z. I've seen this car before and i knew it had a cam in it but i also knew it wasn't a huge cam. We went out and tested out the cars tonight and i pulled a car on him from about 55-130. From the hit i spun and he jumped out about 1.5 cars. I reeled him in and passed him after getting traction. It turns out it has a 224 cam in it but i guess that wasn't enough lol. My mods are in sig and his mods are 224/224 cam full exhaust, intake and tune. Looks like another win for the little pullied cobra that could.:rockon: All in all it was fun beating another car that should beat me as far as power/weight goes. :coolman:

AWDLS2

Established Member
ur car moves out thats for sure, did alot better against rigo then i expected also

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Nice run I had pretty much the same mods in my old cobra minus cats. It trapped 119mph, what's yours done?

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
How much power does he make? my rear nt05s come in monday so prolly putting them on thursday when it stops raining.

I have no clue it's a 03 or 04 though. Your car should pretty much dead hook with those tires now from any roll.:burnout:

AWDLS2

Established Member
I have no clue it's a 03 or 04 though. Your car should pretty much dead hook with those tires now from any roll.:burnout:

thats wat im hoping for im down to test it out, cuz u would of smoked me that one night with the stock tires i spin at 75 lol i got roasted by a h/c/i c5z06 from a 60 cuz i was spinning bad

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Nice kill, those C5's are quite the surprising monster. I always wonder if I should have gone for one....

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
He's prob at or under 400rwhp with that cam. Not worth the money. lol. He should have went with a little bigger cam.

yah thats what im saying lol

your typical 02-04 z06 with full exhaust, intake and a tune are around 370-390rwhp, correct? he probably gained about 10rwhp with that cam haha

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Yeah it's small cam but almost all the GM fan boys say cobra's need 75-100 hp to run even with z's and i've proven that wrong on numerous occasions. My cobra makes 450 to the wheels.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
thats wat im hoping for im down to test it out, cuz u would of smoked me that one night with the stock tires i spin at 75 lol i got roasted by a h/c/i c5z06 from a 60 cuz i was spinning bad

I'm down whenever bro. I sent you a pm so you can get a hold of me.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread