put kw variant 3s on my car- review/info

Fast GTO

Established Member
interesting, the rear setup with the KW's doesn't seem worth the money since it isn't a true C/O setup. I've heard nothing but great things about the fronts though.

vankuen

Established Member
Finally someone else who has them. I ran these on another platform and loved them. Have them now for my current GT500...but haven't yet installed them. I'm trying to do research on the SVTPP spring rates beforehand to get an accurate idea of how the car will be affected.

Great product.

Jroc

Established Member
Do y'all know if the rear KW C/O's for a SRA mount the same way as they do with the IRS with the spring in the factory location?

This is important to me as it should provide better tire clearance I feel than if mounted like a true C/O.

Last edited:

Teej281

Established Member
I believe they are a true coilover on the sra. Sra you would need to run a pretty wide wheel and tire combo to have clearance issues, even with coilovers. A friend of mine is running an sra with 335's and afco coilovers in the rear of his cobra and he is fine clearance wise.

Jroc

Established Member
I believe they are a true coilover on the sra. Sra you would need to run a pretty wide wheel and tire combo to have clearance issues, even with coilovers. A friend of mine is running an sra with 335's and afco coilovers in the rear of his cobra and he is fine clearance wise.

Thanks, but I'm inquiring for a Foxbody. I'm trying to build a TermiFox.

My car has 10.5" wide wheels with 315 555r's and they just barely clear the shocks.(no quad shocks or whatever their called on the car) I'm pretty positive a coil spring over the shock would hits. If I could run some 10.5" wheels with some 295's I would be happy.

29q1m2v.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread