Question about lowering a Terminator

Anabolic

Banned
Gentlemen,

I HATE the way lowered mustangs ride! I was wondering since SVT changed the geometry of the Terminators suspension parts if the 03/04 Cobras ride like ass too if you lower them?

Thanks,
-Arron

they run pretty good with springs, the IRS really helps. Most other mustangs have SRA

Qwk GT

Established Member
Last car I lowered was my old gt with Eibachs. Didn't mind so much the rougher ride, but I literally felt like I lost all of my weight transfer.I expected it to a degree but couldn't get any traction, even when it was just a mild h/c/i combo.

I'm probably opting for cutting the springs on my 03. I'm assuming similar ride quality and weight transfer?

Any of you guys with the H&R's notice a decrease in traction from stop or low speeds?

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
My cut stock coupe springs formula is 1/3 of a coil out back, w/ stock isos.
1/4 of a coil up front, stock isos.

Why I did not do a full coil.

I have more weight up front because of:
Larger rad which is filled with more water.
Larger H/E which is filled with more water.
Larger blower.

Battery in trunk did move about 40 pounds though, that helped.

Number 1 reason why I cut less than one full coil:

I did not want it slammed, just lower and functional on all kinds of rough city pavement and railroad tracks.

Did it work and put it just right?
Why YES! Yes it did!:rockon::beer::dancenana:

SVTRAT

Banned
:poke: we arent in tokyo.. bad idea. Also springs crack when you do this, as well is a eibac and i owned 2 sets with broken coils. H&R all day, and say no to cutting springs kids

Terminator springs were manufactured by Angel Gabriel. You can cut and still look sexy.

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
H&R Race Springs here with all factory ISO's In, and all the following parts installed in the front, Bilstine HD's all around, MM Camber Plates, MM Aluminum Rack Bushings, MM Solid Steering Shaft, MM K-Mamber Brace, Prothane A-Arm Bushings, Prothane Sway Bar Mounts & Endlinks and a nice performance Alignment. The car rides awesome and could not be happier with the out come.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Yeah OK, tell that to the hundreds that have done it with great success. I've done 5 including mine, and they're all happy campers. I haven't seen one thread on here of someones springs cracking after cutting them. You use a cut off tool, not a torch, so they don't get hot enough to hurt them.

This. Mine are factory spring that have been cut and it rides awesome espically as low as it sits.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I also think the h&r race springs will help with less wheelhop because of the spring rate. That along with some decent tires and ftbr bushings should really help. I would think the race springs would be better than the stock ones for traction and corner carving.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
I ran cut stock springs for years. No issues. One coil off with a cutoff tool.

I went to coil overs because I got into more track related activities and needed stiffer springs and better dampening for them.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I don't do any serious racing, but I love how my 'vert handles after I put the H&R race springs in it. Didn't slam it and I feel the ride quality didn't suffer.

aongch

Established Member
So, what are the differences in ride height and stiffness of the H&R Race vs Sport springs? This is for dd and I don't want to lower too much to affect bump steer on stock components. Thanks for any personal experiences.

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
So, what are the differences in ride height and stiffness of the H&R Race vs Sport springs? This is for dd and I don't want to lower too much to affect bump steer on stock components. Thanks for any personal experiences.

The Sports are lower and will be a little softer.

Personally, I think the Race springs are perfect.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Just go to the H&R website and they have the specs.

I have the race springs and they ride just as good as the OEM ones did but lower.

oneof185

Established Member
Just go to the H&R website and they have the specs.

I have the race springs and they ride just as good as the OEM ones did but lower.

Several of the responses were people with these and indicated they went with CC Plates...did you?
Are they necessary if swapping to the H&R Race springs?

Last edited:

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
I was told by a professional that the little drop you get with the springs that the CC plates are not needed.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
When I lowered mine I kept the ISO's in and installed H&R Springs. I also had Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates, Steeda bump steer and roll control kits installed. I also had full length sub frame connectors welded in. My car rides better now than it did the day I got it! with the right parts you will not see a difference in ride quality. The handling will be soooo much better!

Users who are viewing this thread