Question for you 2015+ owners

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Hey guys I have owned a 2014 GT for about four months now and really enjoy it, but my one regret is I didn't wait to find one with the permormance pkg. I have bought an used set of Brembo 4 piston calipers from a 2008 GT500 but not installed yet. I'm debating trading it in for a 2015 with the performance pkg, but am not sure it's worth the extra cash yet. I got my 2014 at an incredible price from a private party for $19k and it has a Ford ESP warranty good till Aug 2019. It does have higher miles at 51k. The prior owner had also put 19" wheels and Eibach lower springs with front/rear sway bars too. The 2015 I found is $29k with 8k miles. I think I can make a couple grand on my 2014 with the trade and finance the difference for 3-4 years for a very low payment. First question...does the 2015 have a larger radiator like the 2016 model is being advertised with on Ford's site? Are there any other differences between the 2015 and 2016 I might need to know? I may just keep the 2014 and put the money into a 2013 Boss radiator and eventually a Torsen diff. It came with factory 3.73 gears. What would you do? I know the 2015 is about 150lbs heavier and reportedly slightly slower due to the weight addition. But it does have the IRS... Oh and my other option is to sell my 2014 and go back to a 2004 C5 Z06. I had one before the GT and it was awesome but only a two seater and I have two teenage girls.

Last edited:

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Dunno about radiator but the 15 is plenty enough. No need to change.

Best advice, go drive one and get which tickles your fancy more. Only you can decide. Letting a forum tell you what car to buy is like letting a political party tell you who to vote for. Only bad things and disappointment can come.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Hey guys I have owned a 2014 GT for about four months now and really enjoy it, but my one regret is I didn't wait to find one with the permormance pkg. I have bought an used set of Brembo 4 piston calipers from a 2008 GT500 but not installed yet. I'm debating trading it in for a 2015 with the performance pkg, but am not sure it's worth the extra cash yet. I got my 2014 at an incredible price from a private party for $19k and it has a Ford ESP warranty good till Aug 2019. It does have higher miles at 51k. The prior owner had also put 19" wheels and Eibach lower springs with front/rear sway bars too. The 2015 I found is $29k with 8k miles. I think I can make a couple grand on my 2014 with the trade and finance the difference for 3-4 years for a very low payment. First question...does the 2015 have a larger radiator like the 2016 model is being advertised with on Ford's site? Are there any other differences between the 2015 and 2016 I might need to know? I may just keep the 2014 and put the money into a 2013 Boss radiator and eventually a Torsen diff. It came with factory 3.73 gears. What would you do? I know the 2015 is about 150lbs heavier and reportedly slightly slower due to the weight addition. But it does have the IRS... Oh and my other option is to sell my 2014 and go back to a 2004 C5 Z06. I had one before the GT and it was awesome but only a two seater and I have two teenage girls.

I've read before that the 2015/2016/2017 Mustangs are mechanically identical. The differences between the years are the addition of Sync 3 for 16+, the hood mounted signals for the 16 model year, and changes in available paint colors. And that's it.

wjfawb0

Established Member
The last 15 years of forums have taught me that the more time you spend learning about what's available or what could go wrong, the more you will spend on a hobby. It's like advertising--folks will not buy a product if they do not know it exists. I'd enjoy your car or at the very least set some goals. Have a plan where you want to go, otherwise you might keep chasing the newest thing. I plan on putting a twin screw blower on my 2015 GT. Realistically, I'll hardly drag race it. I just want a fun street car I can reliably drive to work.

whatsup62

Established Member
The 2015 Performance Pack cars get the following over the other cars:
Retuned springs, bushings and monotube rear dampers
Additional cooling capability for track-day durability (larger radiator)
Thicker rear sway bar
K-brace connecting strut towers to bulkhead
Unique tuning for ABS, electronic stability control and electric power-assisted steering
Center gauge pack
Front brakes: Brembo six-piston, 36-millimeter fixed aluminum calipers with 380-millimeter rotors
Rear brakes: Single-piston, 45-millimeter floating iron calipers with 330-millimeter rotors
Unique 19x9-inch Ebony Black painted alloy wheels with Pirelli 255/40R19 Y-speed-rated tires, front; 19x9.5-inch alloy wheels with Pirelli 275/40R19 Y-speed-rated tires, rear
Strut tower brace
3.73:1 final drive ratio with Torsen differential
Unique front splitter to channel cooling air to the front brakes

It the PP worth it...IMO ABSOLUTELY!!

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
The last 15 years of forums have taught me that the more time you spend learning about what's available or what could go wrong, the more you will spend on a hobby. It's like advertising--folks will not buy a product if they do not know it exists. I'd enjoy your car or at the very least set some goals. Have a plan where you want to go, otherwise you might keep chasing the newest thing. I plan on putting a twin screw blower on my 2015 GT. Realistically, I'll hardly drag race it. I just want a fun street car I can reliably drive to work.
I had my 1997 Cobra for 9 years and road raced it for the last six before selling and buying the C5Z. I'm not chasing the latest car, just wishing I had held out for the performance (aka track) pkg. Since the 2015 also has the IRS that is a big advantage on the road course so was wondering about the radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread