Question on JLP schackles, other lowering questions

knkfiend

Professional Exploder
Established Member
My truck right now has JLP shackles on the middle setting. the truck sits level, MAYBE slightly higher in the front. I would like the truck to be lower, so im wondering how much lower the truck will sit on the lowest shackle setting. i would probably get some shock extenders. i am also planning on cutting the front springs. i see one coil is ~2 inches. is this correct? i would like a slight rake forward(~1/2 inch)

thanks!!

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
You'd probably get another .5" out of the next setting. I'd recommend just buying some springs or spindles....

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
too many lowering questions! I can't help all of you.. I am going to make a sticky thread with all the combinations out there! HAHA

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Yeh there has been alot lately....Thats a good idea though....have a pic of every drop possible with measurements! Hmm not a bad idea

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
If you guys would search first and ask questions second. There would be a lot less of the lowering questions. All these questions have been ask and answered in the past.
Lowering a Lightning is nothing new.

knkfiend

Professional Exploder
Established Member
If you guys would search first and ask questions second. There would be a lot less of the lowering questions. All these questions have been ask and answered in the past.
Lowering a Lightning is nothing new.

ive searched numerous times for pics. its tough searching for 1/2 coil cut, as it will only search coil. also, searching jlp is useless with the minimum 4 word rule.

so if im searching the wrong way, correct me:shrug:

until then, help me!

Users who are viewing this thread