Question

Cobra#2885

Established Member
Someone was telling me that when A Police Officer runs your Plate's. It will show if you have Car Insurance or not. Is this true? I would just be interested just to know what it show's on the computer. Anyone know?

Thanks

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
No it will not come up....when the plate is run it goes through a SOS Computer and a NCIC Computer.

In IL at least this is what you get back.....

The name of the driver the car is registered to(Name of Owner or Name of Lessor and Leasee), If the plate is Valid, VIN, Make and year of car.

If the DL is attached(In Illinois it always isn't)All the info on the DL, if there were any convictions in the last 12months....Any stops in effect(Suspension, Revoked).

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
The only thing it shows about insurance is if the plate has been suspended due to lack of insurance.

Cobra#2885

Established Member
Thanks for everyones responce. It had came up in a conversation awhile back and I had been curious ever since. I did drive without Insurance for a month awhile back and I guess that's why it has been stuck in my mind ever since.

Thanks

Ginsu

Established Member
It depends on your state. N.Y. will show if your plate is suspened or valid and I think that is based off of if you have insurance, points ect. Currently in GA the only thing that is shown about insurance is the company and policy # from the last time the tag was renewed. Now GCIC is working on a new system that will work similar to N.Y. If at anytime some cancels their insurance then the tag will be suspended.

Users who are viewing this thread