Question

go2cdmb

Established Member
My car had the Mac Pro Chamber H-Pipe with Hi Flo Cats into magnaflows. I thought it sounded a "bit" too mild for me, so we took off the Hpipe, and put it straight through to the mufflers. Now it's a lot louder but sounds kinda raspy and there's a lot of rollin around in there now when downshifin' with the "pops" bein pretty crappy soundin. Now it even makes a small pop rigth after it fires up on a morning start. My question is, aside from the tone, it seems almost as if I'm not gettin as much power as when the Hpipe was on there. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance fellas...

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
So you're saying your two exhaust manifolds never converge at one point? This is a no-no IMO. There is a reason the pipes are joined together in either an H or X formations and while I'm not that technical with it, I know it helps the overall flow of the exhaust. A bad flow could kill your power.

moonltgold

So you're saying your two exhaust manifolds never converge at one point? This is a no-no IMO. There is a reason the pipes are joined together in either an H or X formations and while I'm not that technical with it, I know it helps the overall flow of the exhaust. A bad flow could kill your power.

Correct. The sides need to be balanced to smooth out exhaust pulses, either with an H (best below 4,000-5,000 rpm) or an X if you rev above that. Plus it will sound better and not like some old GMC truck.

KILRSVT

Established Member
yeah it is bad..what a mid pipe does is regulate exhaust flow to balance out cylider pressures. you should be good when you slap your h or x pipe back on.

Users who are viewing this thread