quick question on mufflers

hawkti

Established Member
what is the difference in sound between lm 2's and super 40's?
Which is louder? Opinions please. Both going onto a bassani catted X, what would you prefer and why? Both being dumped. I currently have the lm 2's on, and am considering the super 40s, to just try something different.

01bluesnake

Established Member
lm2's have a bad rasp to them (had them) and the flows are chambered which take the rasp out(have them). the super 40's have a more mellow tone, but the lm's are overall louder. i have a vid in the exhaust thread. i will add my flow vid in about 5mins.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
I've had both....

I have the LM2s currently and get complements on them all the time. Flows (no offence to anyone who has them) are VERY over done IMO

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
chambered (flows, Mac, JBA) sound old school muscle. Straight throws like LMs and M55s are just loud.

VtekII

Established Member
any interest in magnaflows? sound good to me...

[ame=http://s414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/speedracer_95/cobra/?action=view&current=WOT.flv]
th_WOT.jpg
[/ame]

[ame=http://s414.photobucket.com/albums/pp222/speedracer_95/cobra/?action=view&current=101_1992.flv]
th_101_1992.jpg
[/ame]

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
Yeah, LM2's are louder and raspy.

Flowmasters sound.....like flowmasters.

I have magnaflow's too, I like them.

Canty

500+ HP Cobra is my goal
Established Member
I like the aggressive sound that flows give a car, but I agree they are played out. In my town it seems that every camaro and GT has a set of super 40s. I work at Midas and we have some flow through design mufflers called Power Paks. I wanted to try them and I am happy with them...not loud unless I floor it aside from that its real mellow, even with the top down. And best of all my Cobra doesnt sound like every other Mustang.
Matt

Furinox

Established Member
what is the difference in sound between lm 2's and super 40's?
Which is louder? Opinions please. Both going onto a bassani catted X, what would you prefer and why? Both being dumped. I currently have the lm 2's on, and am considering the super 40s, to just try something different.

If you get the flows then go ahead and switch to an O/R H as well. Flows sound horrible with an X pipe.

99cobra302

Established Member
i have magnaflow high flow cats, bassani x-pipe, and flowmaster super 44's. i do still run the factory manifolds (cant afford to fix this at the moment) but i constantly get compliments on the way my car sounds. the cats did 2 things for me, they got rid of this terrible metal clanking sound at a specific RPM during decel, and they really smoothed out the sound and got rid of the raspyness.

i should have just put an H pipe on there, but it just sounds so good now.

hi_po_heads

Established Member
i have an off road x and weld in flows, i am not real happy with the sound. but it is new so maybe im just not used to it.

01bluesnake

Established Member
I'm going to make a driving vid with my flows, with the kook header o/r x combo they actually sound very good. my car is currently down and won't be running for about a week and a half though.

zeus201

Established Member
I vote for a chambered muffler design....MAC just because it's what I have.

They may be played out but they sound pretty darn good!

Canty

500+ HP Cobra is my goal
Established Member
F that is right...$165!!!! Mine cost $35 dollars each and the sound is great...low grumble at cruise and vicious at WOT. Look them up at flopro.com/glasspack.htm its towards the bottom. These mufflers are 16 gauge almunized steel with a louvered core. I cant tell ya how the life span of these will be but trust me on this, for that price and all the compliments I have got from other Cobra/Mustang/Corvette owners...its worth it. BTW you can order an X-pipe from them too...cost me less then $40 bucks. Its just the X but still with a little bit of time, a welder, and some exhaust pipe, you can have a brand new exhaust that would normally cost you in the hundreds. I hope some of look in to this, because I like the way these are built and sound better then most of the other straight through designs of the Magna Flows, and I hate Flowmasters (sorry to all who has em).

edswhite99

Established Member
I have the Flowmasters as well and I'm consistently getting compliments on the sound. Like someone mentioned earlier, flows give you an old school sound and go really well with o/r h pipes.

Solo500

Established Member
I have JBA, Flows, & X-Pipe and love the sound. I agree with the price, I didn't know they are that much but they sound really good. Thanks for the flopros site, I might have to get some! Any soundclips?

P.S. Where can I find Flo Pro mufflers online? I'm looking for the Twisters

F that is right...$165!!!! Mine cost $35 dollars each and the sound is great...low grumble at cruise and vicious at WOT. Look them up at flopro.com/glasspack.htm its towards the bottom. These mufflers are 16 gauge almunized steel with a louvered core. I cant tell ya how the life span of these will be but trust me on this, for that price and all the compliments I have got from other Cobra/Mustang/Corvette owners...its worth it. BTW you can order an X-pipe from them too...cost me less then $40 bucks. Its just the X but still with a little bit of time, a welder, and some exhaust pipe, you can have a brand new exhaust that would normally cost you in the hundreds. I hope some of look in to this, because I like the way these are built and sound better then most of the other straight through designs of the Magna Flows, and I hate Flowmasters (sorry to all who has em).

Last edited:

Furinox

Established Member
Have you ever tried this combo? I have flows and a X pipe and my exhaust sounds amazing :poke: I will work on getting some clips up

I put a bassani o/r x on a buddies car that had flows and it sounded like someone beating on a pot with a spoon. The metalic rattle sound that flows and an uncatted x pipe makes sounds HORRIBLE.

Users who are viewing this thread