Race fuel miss

03yellow

Established Member
Mixed 6 gallons of race fuel 100 oct with 6 gallons of 93. The car had a miss so I backed off. Any suggestions as to what happened? Was going to run regular tune with 100 shot; that's why the race fuel!
Did smell some fuel after lifting off gas

Last edited:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Mixed 6 gallons of race fuel 100 oct with 6 gallons of 93. The car had a miss so I backed off. Any suggestions as to what happened? Was going to run regular tune with 100 shot; that's why the race fuel!
Did smell some fuel after lifting off gas

is your car tuned for race gas? if not its going to run like crap. Race gas is very temperamental and requires a tune for it. Your better off running torco as it will give you more gains than race gas.

Last edited:

03yellow

Established Member
Is race fuel different? Was just trying to raise octane to run regular tune on the spray.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Is race fuel different? Was just trying to raise octane to run regular tune on the spray.

race gas needs a tune by itself. You cant just throw it in and expect it to do the same job, the properties are totally different. no doubt its making your car run rich, get a tune ASAP

03yellow

Established Member
Mixed with 93 oct. It was 100 oct unleaded race fuel from gas station. Think it's ok to run it thru with out getting on the gas. Have about 1/2 tank should I delute or just run it out?
race gas needs a tune by itself. You cant just throw it in and expect it to do the same job, the properties are totally different. no doubt its making your car run rich, get a tune ASAP

Users who are viewing this thread