Raced an 05+GT on I-85 in NC...

sc98cbra

Established Member
I was heading to Chapel Hil in North Carolina to see my lady friend, I seen this two-tone 05+ GT coupe get on the interstate as I was cruising along. It was a yellow mustang with a black top, I think it had a gt500 body kit on it. My buddy reached his hand out the window and tapped the roof, and next thing I know, this GT is wanting to do a little playing. We race 2-3 times, and he kept up with me pretty good... I wish I knew who it was, because the car was pretty bad-ass.

sc98cbra

Established Member
Oh sorry.. I was driving my 03 cobra, convertible.

It has a 2.9 pulley with a diablosport canned tune, cut steeda springs, summitomo's in the rear, and a bassani cat-back.

I've been meaning to get it tuned by a professional, but I have 20 credit hours in college,I work 40 hours a week, and mack on the ladies in my spare time.

I'd say that I have 410hp at the max. It runs 12.8s at the track :(.. Shouldn't have sold my RF coupe, but I love dropping the top.

I let the guy get a good head start, and I came around him every time.

I'm not trying to come off as a cocky douche or anything, I'm actually hoping to find the guy on the internet.

Mr370z

GO BABY GO
Established Member
There was an 05+ Mustang GT with a turbo kit on it and some aftermarket exterior stuff that was sold a while ago in Charlotte. Maybe it was whoever bought it? I tried to find the sales ad but it's long gone by now I'm sure. It was yellow too.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
For some reason I thought of this car. I think it is located up that way but not sure. But I doubt it was the stang you ran into since this one is all done up like a GT500.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWi44cnr9B4"]YouTube - FASTLANE MOTORSPORTS - Cammed Out 06 GT - Kooks Long Tubes[/nomedia]

Last edited:

sc98cbra

Established Member
Last edited:

Mr370z

GO BABY GO
Established Member
I've heard great things about Fastlane. Never been there personally but if I had a mustang I'd trust 'em. Wish I could find a pic of that yellow mustang tho...

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
I'll be there is two weeks to drop the MACH.
Steeda Springs and CC plates.
They work very clean with a lot of attention to details.

BTW, their Dyno day in October is great!. Some crazy Mustangs with a "lot" of Hp/Trq.

Last edited:

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Thanks for the link... That was the guy I raced.

Were you driving your Cobra on I-85 Saturday? I seen a SY 04 heading in the opposite direction of me around 1PM.

No sir it wasn't me, I live in Wilmington NC but Fastlane is one of our sponsors for my local club. They send us links all the time of work they are doing and I just happen'd to remember this one and figured it might be the same dude.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
I'll be there is two weeks to drop the MACH.
Steeda Springs and CC plates.
They work very clean with a lot of attention to details.

BTW, their Dyno day in October is great!. Some crazy Mustangs with a "lot" of Hp/Trq.

Yup that is our dyno day that we do with them. We pit local clubs against each other on the dyno for total team effort with one club claiming braggin' right for the year.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Yup that is our dyno day that we do with them. We pit local clubs against each other on the dyno for total team effort with one club claiming braggin' right for the year.

Yes! That is the one I am talking about. Really impressive Stangs there man! Good day all around!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread