raced an explorer HA

boosted99si

Established Member
There's this guy locally who has a supercharged ford explorer like 98 model or something. He passed by me on the other side of the road and i didnt think anything of it except there goes that guy. A couple of minutes later on the same road i see this car sittin a good bit above me riding my butt. ITS HIM, i guess he felt the urge to try to race me, so he goes for the pass and i just get on it dont even drop a gear just go from like 50 to 70 and let off. Then finally the road opens up and its 3 lanes and he pulls up next to me and says something stupid like you aint even ready for this one son. I spun all the way through 1st and just let off completely deciding its the only way cause he didnt even spin, i finally get back traction and just fly right by him and he claims i had to have had n2o but i showed him all the setup and he didnt believe it that his EXPLORER lost to a roush stage 3.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
what's not to believe? Does he think he's fast? lol.

I had an explorer (4.0 SOHC) and I would lose to 99+ Gt's by like a car length or two stock. That of course is no competition to a blown one.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Blown Explorers whoop your ass...

...if you own an Integra. I was thinking about putting an S/C on a 5.0 Explorer for a daliy driver to school some Civics, but it can't hold a candle to a Roush Stage 3, well, except for this one Explorer with a turboed 331, which runs 11s, but that's different.

jcs03cobra

non V-Tech...
Established Member
well i saw this guy at fuds with a jeep cherrokee, all motor n/a built 350 hemi most def n2o probably a 200 shot or more with a nice paint job and rims could run roushes all night. it was a low 12 SUV!

boosted99si

Established Member
jcs03cobra, i've seen some trucks running insane times and i mean trucks such as z71 or the turbo diesels. No one tries with SUV's around here really seen a few cayennes but all stock and mostly older guys. I remember reading about the saleen explorers somewhere and if you know anything about them or what they might run lemme know i would be interested in seeing one also

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
jcs03cobra said:
well i saw this guy at fuds with a jeep cherrokee, all motor n/a built 350 hemi most def n2o probably a 200 shot or more with a nice paint job and rims could run roushes all night. it was a low 12 SUV!

It's funny that Dodge brought that old 354 Hemi back into production. That or the heads anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread