raced my friends 03 cobra in my civic

boosted99si

Established Member
we finally did it and top end LETS JUST TAKE A WILD GUESS....he pulled so hard on me like 4 cars immediately from 70 roll....then i want to go from a 30 roll maybe i can get him on the bottom end so i get spooled up and we punch it on the honk he jumped 2 cars and just stayed there for the entire race....you can all call me rice but i have 325 hp and he has what like 390 so it worked out for him.....FIRST REAL WHOOPIN BY A DOMESTIC

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
XR4Turbo said:
Nice civi, but wouldnt 325hp be enough to take a cobra?

Yeah, if his cobra is only making 390 then 325 with your weight should have been enough to take him. Or at least make it close.

nsxmatt

Established Member
Either his car was more than 390whp or your wasn't making 325. Or your a very bad driver. in any case nice getting killed story :-D

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Nice death, and nice Civic. There is nothing rice about a 325 hp Civic.

XR4Turbo said:
Nice civi, but wouldnt 325hp be enough to take a cobra?

You forget, although the Cobra is heavier, the mass of the car is already moving, so although the weight of the car is still a factor, it's not as great a factor as if the car were at a stop.

Also, The Cobra is making a ton more torque down low than a boosted Civic, so on the initial hit, it's not suprising the Cobra got a big jump on you.

boosted99si

Established Member
i've had my license for a little over a month...so the driving of course theres room for improvement and i stand corrected I THOUGHT IT WAS 390 but sorry for the mistake he is pushing quite more he's up around 450....for my car while gettin tuned it had 325 to the crank, to the wheels i cant remember i need to find the sheet that had all the information...and trust me i too questioned 390 to 325 and more than a thousand lbs of weight difference

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
rvlyssup said:
I'm sure it won't be the last. :-D

baahahahaaha... and if he whopped u that bad on a 70 dig, um u sure he aint moded? or um are u sure u got 325 hp lol... that car is like half the weight of that hulk

nsxmatt

Established Member
boosted99si said:
i've had my license for a little over a month...so the driving of course theres room for improvement and i stand corrected I THOUGHT IT WAS 390 but sorry for the mistake he is pushing quite more he's up around 450....for my car while gettin tuned it had 325 to the crank, to the wheels i cant remember i need to find the sheet that had all the information...and trust me i too questioned 390 to 325 and more than a thousand lbs of weight difference

Yeah, driving for a month and you have a Civic with 325hp? Or at least you thought it did, now you say your car was tuned on a engine dyno because you don't have WHP numbers? And in another post you said you ran 12.4's on slicks? Your not making any sense dude :kaboom:

boosted99si

Established Member
guy sounds like he has no clue what he's talking about or just BSing on this site trying to be cool if he really had 325 shouldnt he be taking stuff like stock 03 cobra's....if he just confused and he really does have a 325 hp civic MORE POWER TO HIM thats a nice car and if its an SI as it says im sure it looks pretty nice WHO KNOWS with this guy

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
stage3kiddo said:
guy sounds like he has no clue what he's talking about or just BSing on this site trying to be cool if he really had 325 shouldnt he be taking stuff like stock 03 cobra's....if he just confused and he really does have a 325 hp civic MORE POWER TO HIM thats a nice car and if its an SI as it says im sure it looks pretty nice WHO KNOWS with this guy

My thoughts exactly. Been driving for only a few months but has a turbo'd civic. Has no idea the hp. My trucks been on the dyno once. I can quote the numbers in my sleep.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I need some duct tape to keep my head from exploding

"gb"

Users who are viewing this thread