Radiator fluid dirty, Everybody chim in.

SVTDice

Established Member
Hey guys. So if you guys followed my cooling mods post then you know I've already done one drain and fill when I installed my 170 T-Stat. So this past weekend I decided to change coolant again, to my shock my coolant looked...very dirty to say the least. So I wanted to ask everybody, Does everybody's coolant look this dirty or whats the deal? Oil is clean, No oil in the coolant, No sludge, No oil smell, No loss of oil. Any idea's?

3-6 Date of coolant change picture below.
av0far.jpg

Brand new 60% Distilled 40% Zerox G-05
ddjsih.jpg

Fluid from this past weekend....Looks dirtier then two months ago...Wtf? Could be the pan I drained it in....But doubt it.
2v00nc4.jpg

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
It appears your cobra is making apple cider.. I see this as a business opportunity for you!

But seriously, it looks like you need to flush the system. Draining is great, but there's still tons of coolant left inside the block and everything else that doesn't ever come out from just draining it. So every time you're just mixing old/dirty coolant with your new coolant. I've done a couple drain/fills on my car in the last couple years and it's never even looked dirty let alone like that. It could be that someone once was using regular water in it instead of distilled.

blwn89gt

Established Member
The coolant looked like that in my cobra when I purchased it last August. I took it to my buddy at Goodyear where he hooked it up to this machine and he kept running water/coolant through it til it came out clean. The coolant looks brand new still.

Users who are viewing this thread