Ran a 09 z06 from a roll....you guys might be mad

KsE

Established Member
Ran my buddies catback only z06 from 70ish to 170-80. Bad news is....battery died on the go pro b4 we could film!!!!

Both started in 3rd gear...I jumped out a half a car right from the get go...time I shifted into 5th I still had the half car on him...maybe a short hair more. Same outcome the 2nd time we did it.

I'm impressed in the mustang not losing ground in the much higher speeds, and of course impressed with the Z.

Sorry for not having video, but I'm sure my buddy will chime in to verify. We had a killer time.

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
Ran my buddies catback only z06 from 70ish to 170-80. Bad news is....battery died on the go pro b4 we could film!!!!

Both started in 3rd gear...I jumped out a half a car right from the get go...time I shifted into 5th I still had the half car on him...maybe a short hair more. Same outcome the 2nd time we did it.

I'm impressed in the mustang not losing ground in the much higher speeds, and of course impressed with the Z.

Sorry for not having video, but I'm sure my buddy will chime in to verify. We had a killer time.
Nice, but you should have been in 2nd.

dun4791

Established Member
Yep...not what I expected. I thought the 13 500 would jump out a car or two at the less than 100mph speeds and then the Z would slowly reel in the ground over 150 or so............but not so. These cars are very close. Both of us left the stock default TC settings on. We both shifted at 6800 and both got off great shifts...........

Dumb ass didnt charge the battery :mj:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
good run man. A c6z is no slouch, especially in the race you just described. What is the top speed of the Shelby in 2nd gear? The z does 85 in 2nd. He was surely doing you a favor by starting in 3rd, with 130 less ftlb.

dun4791

Established Member
Nice, but you should have been in 2nd.

We did do a 2nd gear run too.........the Z spun slightly at the hit, evidently torque management took over somewhat. The Z seemed to jump out on the 2Nd gear hit but the 13 started closing the gap in 3rd, and then they just stayed at the same distance thru the rest of the pull

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
i didnt think the GT500 would pull a car or two, I mean the Z has a serious weight advantage...as far as im concerned the result is very good and promising...a zl1 has no chance

major fail on the gopro....:bash:

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
Thanks for the info!! Sorry about all the gas trips and long hours to get to Mexico to have the race take place:D.........but very surprised at the outcome. I had a 2007 C6 ZO6 and that car is NASTY from a role-on. Good to here a 4 seater Mustang is hanging in there with the almighty street role-on king. :beer:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Sounds like a nice race but that Z should have been in 2nd, hell you both probably should have been in 2nd lol.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Interesting...great outcome. Now go to the Vette forum and rethread this! lol Recharge and rerace...ASAP.

NA Cobra....?? Talk about a quiet never heard from group.

bull3441

Established Member
The fact you could jump him with 3.31 gears says something about the car.

Users who are viewing this thread