Ran into a Challenger 392 today..

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
So I'll make this quick.. I've had the car for a few months now and rarely drive it but when I do I NEVER run into any cars that can actually move out. So this made me very excited.. I'm cruising down a highway and I generally do about 60 in a 65 while driving said highway (the Shelby loves 93 octane) and behind me I see what looks like a new challenger SRT and it had 392 badges on the side (I assume its the 475hp version?) So in the middle of this 65mph highway there is a traffic light that if you are lucky you will hit during a red light.. which we did :banana: I roll my windows down and look over and I smile and nod my head at the older gentleman. He continues to say "This is a HEMI! I hope you got something done to that shitstang!!" :eek: I just laughed out loudly and I said "We will see man, good luck!!" In anticipation of a green light he starts revving his car, which btw sounds stock.. I rev up the Shelby (full exhaust). At this time the old man looks over at me like i just stole his lunch money.. Light turns green and we both drop the hammer... I have MT Street radials 1st gear didn't stand chance so he stuck with me till I short shifted into 2nd around 50mph.. once 2nd gear hooked I was gone, I started pulling buses on him and continued to the top of 3rd just to prove my point.. He was so far behind I cant even begin judging distance. Guy finally catches up to me and just has this priceless look on his face and says "Man that mustang can move!!!" Gives me a thumbs up and drives away. Anyways made my day and thought I would share with everyone :beer:

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
You are in a 2013 GT 500 and the guy doesn't notice the "GT500" or the snake emblems?

I love when people have no idea what car someone is driving and then proceeds to talk crap and lose badly.

At least he gave you a thumbs-up and didn't give you the finger?

Nice kill

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
Yea he was pretty cool. I think once I revved the Shelby he knew he was in for it.

Last edited:

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Nice kill OP. Gotta love those "Hemi" trolls. I have a guy i work with that drives a 12' Ram 4x4 laramie "Hemi"....He swears that turd is the fastest thing under the sun just because it has a "Hemi". Keeps wanting to run me in my tuned/deleted 6.4 King Ranch F250... Ran him in my wifes 07' altima 3.5 and put 6 cars on him before i stopped wasting my gas.

03 deadpool

Established Member
Nice kill .do you have a stripe delete ? cant figure out how he did not know he was about to run the most badass mustang ever made.....then again most mopar guys feel that everything else is inferior.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Very nice! Still waiting to run something like that myself, though obviously it will be a much closer race for me.

I'd still try it though. :-D

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
nice kill, maybe he will think next time about calling another car a shitstang lol

a stock 392 challenger would probably get beat by a stock 5.0 gt, no less a modded 13+ gt500

ps- i think the srt8 challengers also come in manual transmissions too

Last edited:

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
Yea I do have stripe delete.. must have not really noticed the car until I lowered windows and nodded. Must have just not even cared because he thought it was just another "mustang". Thanks everyone, the look he gave was the best part haha.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Sweet kill. I feel sorry for the people that think they're purchasing performance because it says Hemi on the side.

09VistaBlueGT

Established Member
What an asshole, he had to call it a "shitstang" before he got his doors blew in. Maybe next time he ought to try racing 5.0s first before he steps up to the big dog. Although that may not end well either lol. Nice kill!

OneSlowV

Established Member
Nice kill he had it coming. But a 392 runs low 12s stock. Far from slow even the 6.1s moved out. A 6.4 should beat a 5.0 every time

Users who are viewing this thread