Rear 03 Cobra Seats

FSSNK

Established Member
Okay guys I need a little help in pointing me in the right direction. Just picked up an excellent condition 03 Cobra rear seat from a member on here and want to know exactly what I need to install them in the 97? I have seen where some are saying the 98 bracket is needed. If this is so what ehactly to I tell parts., 98 Cobra rear seat bracket, and thats it? Any help or advice is appreciated before I start.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Why don't you just swap the hardware off of your stock rear seat onto the 03 and save yourself the money at the parts counter?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Remove your rear upper seat and once out of the car unbolt the cushions from the frame, there is one bolt on each side on the lower part. Remove those and you can remove the stock cushions, do the same for the 03 seats and swap them over to your stock rear seat frame. As for the lower rear seat, you will want to add some kind of foam or padding to the floor toward the rear of the floor pan because the seat will sag too much...you'll see what I'm talking about once you put it in.

The reason for this is that the 01-04 frames are different because of a change in the rear floor pans from the 94-00 cars.

-Esteban

FSSNK

Established Member
Thanks guys I didnt know i could do that., and will try the advice given.

Users who are viewing this thread