Rear Disks

VenemousShadow

Go Cats!
Established Member
OK so I have been hearing this annoying grinding sound coming from my rear end the last few days, so I take the car in and they tell me that the rear brakes have gone bad and have destroyed my disks. The service dept. employee told me that one disk is done for but the other is possibly salvageable. This sends off a red flag in my head because it would seem that they would wear evenly. He tells me that the pad on one side became so brittle that it fell off causing the uneven wear on one side. I didnt have time to let it sit there while they tore apart the calipers but he basically told me chances are that it is not a warantee issue. I have had several people with knowledge of Ford brakes that rear calipers have had quite a few issues. Do any of you knowledgable Terminator owners know of issues with rear brakes or have had issues with your brakes that might relate to this?

I already had the rear disks replaced by a independant brake company but the salesman told me that if it was a warantee issue then I would be reimbursed

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by VenemousShadow
OK so I have been hearing this annoying grinding sound coming from my rear end the last few days, so I take the car in and they tell me that the rear brakes have gone bad and have destroyed my disks. The service dept. employee told me that one disk is done for but the other is possibly salvageable. This sends off a red flag in my head because it would seem that they would wear evenly. He tells me that the pad on one side became so brittle that it fell off causing the uneven wear on one side. I didnt have time to let it sit there while they tore apart the calipers but he basically told me chances are that it is not a warantee issue. I have had several people with knowledge of Ford brakes that rear calipers have had quite a few issues. Do any of you knowledgable Terminator owners know of issues with rear brakes or have had issues with your brakes that might relate to this?

I already had the rear disks replaced by a independant brake company but the salesman told me that if it was a warantee issue then I would be reimbursed

My RH outer brake pad wore down faster than the inside. The LH side was worn evenly. Checked the right caliper and it was adjusted too tightly. Turns out the e-brake adjustment was out of whack. Screwed the caliper back in, drove in reverse while pumping the brakes to readjust them and so far, so good; weardown became more even after that.

Weird. :shrug:

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
brake pads, might not fall under warranty. as general wear items.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by 00 Aggie
Thats what I thought.

Anyone else?

Brake pads are warrantied if they wear out prematurely due to a binding or problematic brake caliper. Otherwise, 12 months/12,000 miles.

Take it in and have the dealer check the suspected calipers.

Users who are viewing this thread