Rear Seat Delete

sqidd

Established Member
I have some pics, but my site is down right now. Anyone want to host them for me?:D

turbosaleen

Established Member
sqidd said:
I put my rear seat delete in today. Net weight savings 31lbs.

im going to call bullshit as i actualy WIEGHED my rear seat and my upper seats

total wieght for both parts..
15 pounds

the only way you got even close is if you removed your qarters and removed every last seat belt part etc.

and i do not see it being that much

the seats have a plastic frame there is ALMOST NO METAL at all in the rear seat frame on my 06..

sqidd

Established Member
turbosaleen said:
im going to call bullshit as i actualy WIEGHED my rear seat and my upper seats

total wieght for both parts..
15 pounds

the only way you got even close is if you removed your qarters and removed every last seat belt part etc.

and i do not see it being that much

the seats have a plastic frame there is ALMOST NO METAL at all in the rear seat frame on my 06..

Ok, call bullshit. Thats cool. But I did remove evry single seat related part, right down to the belts, all the brackets, even the studs sticking out of the floor. I also removed the trunk liner and the spare tire cover which aren't "part" of removing the seats, but since I was in there, and I could care less what the inside of the trunk looks like it got ejected.

Take a look at my sig below, see those bikes? We are all about weight when it comes to motorcycles, I have more money tied up in Titanium hardware than most people on this board have in their cars! (not including the price of the car of course) When I say I saved a certain ammount of weight it's because I weighed everything before and after with a very high dollar scale.

And why the hell would I lie? I;m not selling the damn things?;-)

Users who are viewing this thread