Reasonable to swap from FIPK to JLT RAI??

DitchTehFish

Established Member
I've seen the dyno results comparison between the two from Tucker, but it's pretty hard to believe the RAI would give a consistent 12rwhp gain over the FIPK. That's a pretty substantial amount between two intakes. I know the RAI looks better, but I would be changing more for power than anything. So is it reasonable?

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I have tried several different CAIs on my car. All are within a couple HP of each other. Have not tried a JLT though, and I am considering it as well. It's definately a good idea to pull that cool air in from the fender, it can only help.

Last edited:

DitchTehFish

Established Member
sambandit said:
I have tried several different CAIs on my call. All are within a couple HP of each other. Have not tried a JLT though, and I am considering it as well. It's defanately a good idea to pull that cool air in from the fender, it can only help.
I was actually reffering to the JLT RAI(engine bay), not the fenderwell CAI. According to Tucker, the JLT RAI made more power than his fenderwell intake compared to the FIPK.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Whoops, my bad....lol Cant really see the under the hood type give anymore gains than any other under the hood type, but who knows. Keep us posted if you give it a try!

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
DitchTehFish said:
I've seen the dyno results comparison between the two from Tucker, but it's pretty hard to believe the RAI would give a consistent 12rwhp gain over the FIPK. That's a pretty substantial amount between two intakes. I know the RAI looks better, but I would be changing more for power than anything. So is it reasonable?

If I were you I would keep the FIPK and order a base RAI kit that doesn't include the filter or MAF adapter. That way you can have the best of both worlds; the HUGE color matched inlet piping of the RAI with the high quality filter of the FIPK. Here is a picture of a member that mated the RAI with the FIPK.

attachment.php

THC

DitchTehFish

Established Member
TheHolyCobra said:
If I were you I would keep the FIPK and order a base RAI kit that doesn't include the filter or MAF adapter. That way you can have the best of both worlds; the HUGE color matched inlet piping of the RAI with the high quality filter of the FIPK. Here is a picture of a member that mated the RAI with the FIPK.

attachment.php

THC
I like this idea. Does the mated combo bolt right up, or is there modifications needed?

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
DitchTehFish said:
I like this idea. Does the mated combo bolt right up, or is there modifications needed?

Not quite sure, just PM jordanvraptor because he is the one I took the picture from. Here is the thread that I got the picture and information from:

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190585

As far as mating the two people say that it is quite difficult but can be accomplished for a very little price. I don't know much except for the information that was displayed in that thread and some discussions on the phone with Tucket from JLT Performance.

THC

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
I went with FIPK and JLT RAI hybrid combo. Here's an older pic of my engine bay:

62422298_l.jpg

It was a tight fit and needed some coercing, but it worked. :-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread