Replacement Side Mirror Glass

Jefe

Established Member
Burco | Home

Capture-54.jpg

The above company makes a glass insert and it fits and looks just like stock. They call them Redicuts.

YOU NEED YOUR PLASTIC MIRROR HOUSING. They do not sell the plastic backing plate. So if you still have your broken mirror, clean off the broken glass and order this piece. I believe the glass costs $9! The only difference is the font of the words on the mirror and its a tad bit lighter shade but not enough to notice.

Doesnt look like you can buy online so call them: 1-888-253-2593

Burco | Redi Cuts

2010-05-10-133055.jpg

We should probably make this a sticky since this is one of the few pieces you cannot buy from Ford/Tousley

Last edited:

greengt88

Established Member
Damn. Geico just payed $350 + paint for a new oem mirror for mine. I just needed the glass too. The housing was fine. Maybe check ebay. U will pay that for a pair instead of one. We looked for just the glass too to no avail. The other option in non folding mirrors. How often do u really turn them in anyway? I understand the want for oem parts though. That was the route I was gonna go cause geico didn't want to pay for the entire thing either. Luckily I made out. Good luck dude.

Jefe

Established Member
Ya as long as I could get the mirror to sit exactly where I wanted it I wouldnt care, I dont move it at all anyways. Its just a completely different piece of glass than stock

How much was the SY paint job?

Jefe

Established Member
Just got an email back. I think thats the same piece the glass company brought to me

Hi , we do not have a picture of the back available to us on this item. The motor mount on the back will not cover the whole glass it is only a mount to attach the glass to the motor.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Jefe gets 100 e-points for that link!

I had the same problem... broken mirror glass. I ended up buying a used replacement set of folding mirrors and swapped my broken glass for the good glass... then resold the mirrors. I happened to come out ahead in the deal, but it was a lot of trouble instead of just getting a new piece of glass cut.

Matt94GT

Established Member
nice thanks, did anyone happen to go to a place that cuts glass and ask them if they can just cut some?

also Jefe did you end up ordering that mirror, or where did the pic come from? Do you mind measuring it for me, I have no idea where they get their measurements from? Widest point to the tallest point? Thanks, reason I ask is im tying to track down some mirror glass for my 94-98 export mirrors which are very similar to the 03 cobra ones.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
A local glass shop ordered it, I gave them my old broken one with the plastic still intact and they installed the new glass onto it. If you look at the image in Post 6 the measurements are in there. 6 7/8 x 3 7/8

age03

Established Member
Loose Glass

On the subject of the door mirror I have a bit of a problem with mine
The glass is fine and everything works ok however I’m sure the mirror isn’t fitted to the housing correctly and seems loose, once you reach around 40mph and over it vibrates and you can’t see anything.

If you can buy just the replacement mirror for the other models that just clip onto the motor but can’t for the Cobras, does that mean the mirror fits differently and is it supposed to come off?
I daren’t try and pull at it in case it’s doesn’t but I want to make sure it’s fitted on properly so does anyone know how it all goes or suggest what to do please.

Jefe

Established Member
Can you wiggle the whole mirror housing when its installed? Shouldnt be able to...Sounds like the padding that goes between the motor and the housing is gone or flattened.

age03

Established Member
Can you wiggle the whole mirror housing when its installed? Shouldnt be able to...Sounds like the padding that goes between the motor and the housing is gone or flattened.

Yes, the mirror part only moves easily and gives the impression it's loose, I need to know if the glass can be removed on it's own, if it can be done that way, to check if it's secured properly and how to do it,
Thanks for the reply

greengt88

Established Member
Does anyone know if standard GT/V6 mirrors are a direct replacement? Also there is replacemnt glass for these on ebay. Anybody want my factory mirrors?? they are yellow

Jefe

Established Member
GT/V6/Mach mirrors are different than Cobra mirrors, thus the reason this thread was started. Burco is the only company making replacements

greengt88

Established Member
I know that the mirrors are diff. I want to know if I can take off my factory cobra mirrors and put gt/v6 mirrors in their place. Cobra mirrors fold and have a different cut to the glass. I assume the bolt pattern and wiring hookups are the same though. I"ve never folded the mirrors back and I don't like that they are body color. I picked a cheap set of gt mirrors of ebay already. How do I get the speaker grille off and access the bolts to remove the mirror?

VincodeY

Established Member
Yes, the mirror part only moves easily and gives the impression it's loose, I need to know if the glass can be removed on it's own, if it can be done that way, to check if it's secured properly and how to do it,
Thanks for the reply

search for this. you can remove the glass and its plastic housing easily. there is a fix for the "loose" mirror.

greengt88

Established Member
Well gt/v6 mirrors fit like a glove. Took me about 20min. To swap out both sides. Looks WAY better with the black instead of the body color. I have a little more range of vision also since they don't have the angle at the bottom. Also replacement glass in readily avalable for these. Best $10 I spent on appearance yet. If u want to do the same swap check out ebay for mirrors. U should be able to find someone selling oem ones cheap like I did. Then u can sell ur factory mirrors and afford more mods!

Users who are viewing this thread