resetting pats?

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
is there any way of doing it other than taking it to a dealer...will disconnecting the battery help...i have a tune on the car so maybe that messed with it?

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
is there any way of doing it other than taking it to a dealer...will disconnecting the battery help...i have a tune on the car so maybe that messed with it?

The tune was probably written to disable PATS...otherwise a tune should not interfere with it.

SVTPower97

Established Member
i took the battery cables off and routed my longer cables to put the battery in the back...i finished it up today got in the car and the theft light was blinking fast...i get in the car take it around the block and it starts cutting off on me...i guess the pats disabled the fuel and thank god it had enough in it to get me back to the house...i checked all the fuses for the theft system and all seemed fine...car won't start and theft light is blinking fast

i did my battery relocator by just running longer cables to the cables up front in the car?...i know its not the correct way of doing it but it shoudl work?

im not too sure if the tune disabled the system i wish it wasn't this late i would call the guy and ask but i have no idea if he did or not probably not since we never talked about it?

Last edited:

Teksid281

Banned
If Willy did it then I know he did not disable PATS. He did mine and we didnt discuss it either but my car was fine after he tuned it. Thats really odd though? Same thing happened to me when I tried to disable my door chime, it drove ok for about 30 minutes and then it went into theft mode. Hooked the chime back up and reset PATS and has been fine since then. Maybe the ground is not strong enough? Remember all that crazy shit mine used to do when that ground cable was messed up?

SVTPower97

Established Member
that is exactly what it is then...when i did my battery in the trunk i know exactly which wire i didn't ground out good and i bet that damn thing messed up my pats and now it has to be reset...i am starting to get tired of this damn thing...wanna buy a decently fast one while you are finishing yours

Users who are viewing this thread