Rice projector headlamps I think I am the first one so here you go.

ricardoa1

Established Member
I must say they look awsome, but I wish the quality is higher. The rubber surround was loose and not glued right, and they are already dry rotted. They are also too heavy for the factory mounting, the light shakes when going over bumps. Also A little condensation was there in the morning but it went away after driving for a bit. All of those things I am going to fix by replacing the rubber with the factory ones and regluing it, I am also going to reseal it if the condensation gets bad. But these are great if you are going to do the HIDs All you have to do is buy a kit for the H3 bulbs. Thats is the main reason why I bought them. I am going to get some H3 bulbs to go with my hella ballasts.
head.jpg

head2.jpg

head3.jpg

head4.jpg

Last edited:

tian13

Established Member
The lights look great! My headlights are full of stone chips. The rest of the car if fine. I think the dealer switched with another or maybe they are just really easy to damage. Where did you get them from? Also I think the flames are awesome. One day I want to get those as well.

Later

C

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
I like them but why did they put those lines in the turn signals, they would have looked alot better with out those. Take my advice, I have some of the repro lights with teh clear reflectors, take care and go ahead and reseal all of the edges with clear RTV now, the reason I say this is that mine got so bad that the condensation actually ate away the chrome coating on the reflectors, they lasted less than a month. Those are pretty expensive lights to be lasting less than a month. Did you get them off ebay? How much?

ricardoa1

Established Member
I got them of some guy on ebay for $150 I would not pay more than that. The guy bought them thinkin that the hid for the 9007 bulbs was going to work with them and it didnt so he got rid of them before using them. They are Matrix Racing and are expensive now that they just came out. I would wait till they saturate the market so they are cheap. The light output is great and I am sure with HID they would be perfect. I also wish they didnt have the lines but it surrounds the whole lamp so it flows better with them.
LIke I said they are good but not top quality. I dont care because I know how to fix its flaws, but for someone thats not dedicated they would be pissed with them. Just giving you guys heads up.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I think they'd look WAY better without those two lines going through the turn signal, but overall they're not so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread