Road Course runners,,,a question about tire/wheel setup??

Ky GT500

Established Member
Looking at the AM GT500 wheels 19x10 and Toyo R888 on all four corners, a square setup. Will a 295/30ZR/19 clear on the front?? Trying to save my MPSS for street use and the Proxes for track duty. Not experienced enough to go R6 or R7 yet,, thought these would be a good compromise. Want to keep a square setup to be able to swap fronts and rear to even up wear. Any input on this would be very appreciated.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I don't have any personal experience with that size on the front, but I'm curious to hear someone's response who has. Good luck with it. :beer:

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Hey John, I think a 295/30/19 tire will be a very tight fit if it fits on the front. As for the wheel do you know what the offset of the wheel is that you want to run?

My front Forgelines are 19x10" with +41mm offset and it's pretty close to the strut on the inside and fits pretty flush with the fender edge (the wheel is tucked in a bit on the top because of the extra - camber that I am running now). Meanwhile my rear RPF1 18x10" wheels for drag racing have a +38mm offset. The back of that wheel sits in the same position as the stock 20x9.5" wheel with a +50mm offset but sticks out a tiny bit past the fender edge on the back. You are lowered (I'm not) so that might be an issue for you.

If you want to run a square setup with a 19x10" wheel a +41 offset should be ok for you. It will fit perfect in the front and in the back but the 295 size tire will be a problem in the front. The 10" wide wheel is also just the minimum width for a 295/30 size tire, mounting that size tire on that width wheel will give you a bit of sidewall bulge. For road racing you want a rim that's wide enough so that it can support the sidewall of the tire properly under hard cornering with no bulge. An 11" wide wheel works better with a 295 tire but that won't fit in the front without major modding of the strut and wheelwell. A 275/40/19 is the perfect fit on a 10" wide wheel for road racing

Are you signed up for Daytona?

Tony.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Hey John, I think a 295/30/19 tire will be a very tight fit if it fits on the front. As for the wheel do you know what the offset of the wheel is that you want to run?

My front Forgelines are 19x10" with +41mm offset and it's pretty close to the strut on the inside and fits pretty flush with the fender edge (the wheel is tucked in a bit on the top because of the extra - camber that I am running now). Meanwhile my rear RPF1 18x10" wheels for drag racing have a +38mm offset. The back of that wheel sits in the same position as the stock 20x9.5" wheel with a +50mm offset but sticks out a tiny bit past the fender edge on the back. You are lowered (I'm not) so that might be an issue for you.

If you want to run a square setup with a 19x10" wheel a +41 offset should be ok for you. It will fit perfect in the front and in the back but the 295 size tire will be a problem in the front. The 10" wide wheel is also just the minimum width for a 295/30 size tire, mounting that size tire on that width wheel will give you a bit of sidewall bulge. For road racing you want a rim that's wide enough so that it can support the sidewall of the tire properly under hard cornering with no bulge. An 11" wide wheel works better with a 295 tire but that won't fit in the front without major modding of the strut and wheelwell. A 275/40/19 is the perfect fit on a 10" wide wheel for road racing

Are you signed up for Daytona?

Tony.

Thanks Tony,,,just the info I was looking for.

Not going to be able to make Daytona this year,,, IRS put a stop to my Daytona plans for this year,,,said I owed them my play money, Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread