Road trip - chasing the sun

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
A few may remember that I bought a '98 triple-black GT 'vert for my daughter back in February. All the fix-up was pretty simple stuff and the final tune was done by Manny and the guys at HPP Racing in Lewisville, Tx. Ended at 193 rwhp on an eight year old pony. We finally delivered the car last week since her mom wouldn't let her have it until school let out for the summer. Left Dallas on Friday, 6/9/06, and took an hour to go 30 miles. After that it was smooth sailing. Spent Friday night in Abiline, made it to Tucson for the Saturday night and got to Ocean Beach (San Diego) in early afternoon on Sunday. Bopped around town for a day there, then made the drive to Riverside, Ca (near L.A.) on Tuesday. Smog check was good to go, insurance was good to go, then got to spend two afternoons teaching a 17 year old girl how to drive a 5-speed. 3000 rpm shift, 3000 rpm shift. It was a hoot and the title was signed over on Thursay at 2pm PST. God bless DMV appointments. Easy flight back on Friday evening and the dogs (huskys) out of the kennel yesterday morning. My daughter called last night and she made her first two solo trips in the car and didn't stall at all on the second trip. Yeah her!!!! Just thought I'd share the good news, although now I want to go find another '98 'vert for me. That little thing was fun to drive. Be well.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Dad's driving bond! Always get them a standard for a first car if it is possible! they can always trade down to an auto but will have the skill to drive a standard. I am surpised how kids drive autos and cannot drive a standard.

Users who are viewing this thread