Roush TVS installed - 90mm pulley + JLT

Sinful_5.0

Established Member
Made the trek to AED last weekend to get the Roush installed & tuned.

573rwhp @ 7100 SAE (592 STD) using the stock 90mm pulley & JLT CAI. This was using 91 octane. This was more than I was expecting utilizing the stock pulley. I wanted to keep it conservative and this goes to show you don't need to pulley way down to make great power.

Only other mods are GT500 axlebacks.

Car is a 2014 GT w/track pack (3.73s). Car drives like stock until you get in it and then there goes the tires. :thumbsup: Definitely a different animal than my old 98 Cobra with a NOVI 2000 and 4.30s. This instant torque is addicting!

Big thanks to Shaun & Drew @ AED.

WGKaXIf.jpg

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I have the TVS (Phase 2 -625hp kit) going on this weekend and am debating changing out the gears while Im at it...
Right now I am running the 3.73's which came stock on my car. Should I get the 3.31's installed when I do the TVS or roll with the 3.73's for a while!?

How bad is the car handling/traction wise with the 3.73's!?

Last edited:

Sinful_5.0

Established Member
We didn't measure boost but the 90mm is supposed to give 7-8psi + the JLT will add approx. 1psi I believe. So, max 9psi.

As far as gearing, I wouldn't change them out until you drive the car for awhile. While traction is pretty awful (I can shift into 4th and not hook) I still find the quick stabs of the throttle w/3.73s a blast. I guess it's all about preference but I like a little more gear.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
We didn't measure boost but the 90mm is supposed to give 7-8psi + the JLT will add approx. 1psi I believe. So, max 9psi.

As far as gearing, I wouldn't change them out until you drive the car for awhile. While traction is pretty awful (I can shift into 4th and not hook) I still find the quick stabs of the throttle w/3.73s a blast. I guess it's all about preference but I like a little more gear.

Great, thanks for the help! I will see how it goes....congrats on your TVS, I cant wait to feel mine!
:banana:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
man you need to post some pics of the engine bay and some videos of that thing on the street. you make more torque than i ever see at only 3500rpm =/

RC-5.0

Established Member
I have the TVS (Phase 2 -625hp kit) going on this weekend and am debating changing out the gears while Im at it...
Right now I am running the 3.73's which came stock on my car. Should I get the 3.31's installed when I do the TVS or roll with the 3.73's for a while!?

How bad is the car handling/traction wise with the 3.73's!?

I have been researching this for awhile and I am going with the Roush. I already have 373s and debated this. I was told by all the retailers that in my Auto, the 373s are the way to go, and they said IF I want to change gears, wait and drive it first, then decide.

OP: that is some awesome stuff..reason Im saying is that I wanted to hit the 600 mark and get a little closer to 540-550 torque with mine when it goes in, and I plan on one to 2 size pulleys smaller (nothing extreme) along with the JLT, and I already have LT's going on tomorrow. Your results give me confidence that with the slightly smaller pulley and the other mods, I can get to the point without crazy-wild boost. I will most likely get the Lund tune by Ken Bjorne (sp??) in Palm Beach.

That 400tq right at the onset is CRAZY-INSANE!!:dancenana:

RC

grnenvy

Established Member
Theres not another blower setup on the market that makes the tq curve that the TVS makes. The dyno sheets prove it once again.
Now go get some drag radials so u can use it.

Users who are viewing this thread