Royal Purple guys

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
Kilgore Trout said:
Get a new motor :shrug:

One non-scientific anecdotal incident proves NOTHING.

i used it in my 96 cobra, ran like a champ til i sold it. and kilgore, you said you wouldn't use RP, but all that anyone's posted on here are "isolated non scientific" incidents about the stuff. i'm confused.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
I have run mobil 1 5w20 for a long time until I heard they are no longer a full synthetic oil. this last oil change I switched to royal purple and have had zero issues thus far. no new noises, tings, or smoke. mine is a daily driver with the occasional track visit and has 75,xxx miles on her.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
BadMoFo said:
I have run mobil 1 5w20 for a long time until I heard they are no longer a full synthetic oil. this last oil change I switched to royal purple and have had zero issues thus far. no new noises, tings, or smoke.
+1

BrookhavenTuner

Established Member
Started running RP in the Mach after it had Motorcraft for 4yrs. No problems yet, its 2nd oil change w/ RP is this weekend. Not a single problem.

Unless anyone posts an ACTUAL INDEPENDENT TEST that SHOWS RP is bad for motors then I have seen NO reason for a person to think they are a bad oil.

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I run RP Syncromax in my tranny, but I will never use any other oil than Mobil 1 in cars that I care about. I took my SOHC 4.6 out of my 00 GT (which I bought new) and after 36k miles of pure ass beating, the bearings still had the factory markings on the faces. The inside of the motor was cleaner than you could imagine and there was no sign of premature or excessive wear. That car never had anything but Mobil 1 10w-30 in it. When it comes to motor oil, I have the attitude that if it aint broke, don't fix it. I just wish I could adopt that attitude for the rest of my car :rolleyes:

lucafu1

Established Member
Kilgore Trout said:
I would never consider using it.

for someone that list lights and wiperblades as mods in their sig i would hope not.

ive had 2 blown motors while using mobil 1, oh no their oil is shit............
:bash:

the way some of you guys think is funny. btw i just made the switch to RP. after seeing it work in many cars, both drag and road race, pushrod and modular.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Lucafu1, I agree with your sarcasm. I never understood how anyone could judge the quality of Motor Oil by counting blown motors. There are literally hundreds of factors that contribute to blown motors and unless you have magic motor oil, one or the other is not going to make the critical difference. When I saw the shape that my rod and main bearings were in, after 30K+ miles of Mobil 1, my mind was made up. That motor let go, but it also saw numerous nitrous bottles and three months of 12 PSI from a leaky ProCharger. I don't care if I ran Houdini's blood as motor oil, that shit was gonna let go one way or the other.
That fact that after all that abuse, the bearings still looked brand new told the story for me.

Users who are viewing this thread