Royal Purple?

2qwikSVT

Established Member
Do any of you guys run that Royal Purple synthetic oil? If so, how long have you ran it and do you have the stock block?

I have heard of Ford telling people that the RPL oil can ruin the 5.4 motor. Don't know if that was the newer three valve 5.4 or our 2 valves, or if that makes a difference.

I've always put regular Valvoline through mine and change it every 3,000 but I was thinkin about stepping it up and using some synthetic stuff and everyone has told me they love Royal Purple.

Or should I just use Mobil 1 / Castrol synthetic?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Do any of you guys run that Royal Purple synthetic oil? If so, how long have you ran it and do you have the stock block?

I have heard of Ford telling people that the RPL oil can ruin the 5.4 motor. Don't know if that was the newer three valve 5.4 or our 2 valves, or if that makes a difference.

I've always put regular Valvoline through mine and change it every 3,000 but I was thinkin about stepping it up and using some synthetic stuff and everyone has told me they love Royal Purple.

Or should I just use Mobil 1 / Castrol synthetic?

Whoever was telling you that needs to quit talking about cars because they obviously know nothing about the subject.

I've been running RP in my L for years and usually change it about once per year because I don't drive it a lot. If you're thinking about running RP I suggest you look into their HPS line. It's the good stuff.

jaymz

Established Member
I used RP for awhile, but when it started pushing $10/qt, I left the building. Ridiculous!

Jim

jaymz

Established Member
Menards has a special on Quaker State full synthetic every so often. 6 qts of 5W-30 for $299/qt after the rebate. Can't beat that!

Jim

drod2111

Established Member
I actually get my RP Oil from a ford car parts here local so I don't think they would sale it if to was bad and I get a discount I get it at 6.75 a quart so I love it

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
People have had issues with RP in the past. Noisy valve train and so on. Some hate it and some love it. I always use mobile 1 syn but have RP in almost everything else. oh i do run XPR in the SC's though.

Last edited:

01shakr

Established Member
I have been using RP for years , yes it is expensive but normally I only need one oil change a year so I run Royal Purple oil and filter in my Mach1 .

Users who are viewing this thread