SC Cop Charged With Murder

Thump_rrr

Established Member
A South Carolina officer has been charged with murder after a video surfaced that appears to show him shooting an unarmed man who was running away.

Michael Slager, an officer with the North Charleston Police Department, was arrested Tuesday, according to a statement from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, or SLED. If found guilty of murder, he could face up to life in prison or death
http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/07/us/south-carolina-officer-charged-murder/

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Glad to see this going to trial. From that video it appear that he had no reason to use deadly force. I'm hoping that SC adopts a law making it mandatory for all LEOs in the state to wear body cams.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
One bad apple out of the system. Glad to see it is going to trial. I don't think any attorney will be good enough to get him off of that charge.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Glad to see this going to trial. From that video it appear that he had no reason to use deadly force. I'm hoping that SC adopts a law making it mandatory for all LEOs in the state to wear body cams.

A few of the Departments semi local to me have already purchased the body cams, but there has always been some legal reason why they haven't implemented them yet.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
A few of the Departments semi local to me have already purchased the body cams, but there has always been some legal reason why they haven't implemented them yet.

I view them as good for everyone. Protects people from the bad guys no mater what side of the shield they are on.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I view them as good for everyone. Protects people from the bad guys no mater what side of the shield they are on.

I agree, tell that to the City of Ft. Myers and Cape Coral. For the record I live in neither. The body cams have never been mentioned in my county.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Was really hoping the suspect wasn't black...guess it's time to strap in for another debacle.

As far as this case, the cop should have pursued, not shot him.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
There is more to that video the cop drops his tazer next to the body, which is just dirty. Supposedly there was a scuffle and the suspect went for the officers tazer you can see it fall behind the officer in the video, and the leads but can't tell direction. This officer should be held accountable, too many sketchy things done and the guy seems way to relaxed messing with evidence. Wonder what else he ever moved, lost, etc.

Longer Video on this page:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat..._charge_south_carolina_shooting_of_black.html

**Did not read that article with the video only paying for video.

Last edited:

94SN95

Established Member
Another Police shooting ( he feared for his life )

crazy !!
[video=youtube;21T2F5WFPAw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21T2F5WFPAw[/video]

jacker1991

Established Member
Love how he walked so casually and started doing the normal routine of "hands behind your back" etc.

musclefan21

Established Member
That is messed up. Looks like a very bad shoot. He is facing the consequences. those kind of officers are rare and they are the one who give LE bad name along with media.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Let's not forget that the other officer was there when he planted the tazer next to the body.

Users who are viewing this thread