Sct....

rexisme

Established Member
I am not very familiar with this unit. I do have one question though and its driving me nuts. If the previous owner of my car ran a sct handheld on it and got it tuned. Did that SCT "marry" itself to the car? If it did and he didnt unmarry it, that sct would be useless to him right? My main question is though, could i buy another sct, and well, marry that to the car as well? This is all theoretical...

04CobraMatt

Established Member
rexisme said:
I am not very familiar with this unit. I do have one question though and its driving me nuts. If the previous owner of my car ran a sct handheld on it and got it tuned. Did that SCT "marry" itself to the car? If it did and he didnt unmarry it, that sct would be useless to him right? My main question is though, could i buy another sct, and well, marry that to the car as well? This is all theoretical...

yes it would be married to your car and be useless to him unless he sends it back to SCT and pays to be unlocked.

When you buy a new one and marry it to your car it copies the current tune as a backup (suposed to be the stock one). It will work fine but you cant go back to the stock tune without having it reflashed by a dealer (or find the cars original xcal2).

Users who are viewing this thread