seats

gretzky99

Established Member
does anyone know if the whole seat surface front and back are real leather ,seems like the front side bolsters are the only part wearing ,or getting cracked,its an 09 if that matters .also dash and armrest and steering wheel to if anyone knows

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Order Leatherique...the cleaner and the conditioner. It's top tier and will help restore your leather. Everything else is of lesser quality and a waste of time IMHO. For the love of god, don't use Lexol.

TexasShelby

Established Member
I've used this the past 30 years....although, I'm sure Lexol and Leatherique is top quality.

I grew up with this stuff in hard working leather areas...(read: saddles)

Kiwi Saddle Soap as directed, then very light coat of Kiwi Mink Oil and top with a favorite shine protection. I use a very light application of the Adam's Polish VRT if I want a sheen to it, but not that crazy super gloss.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Saddle soap is not a good choice for the leather in cars. It removes the dye over time . There are a lot better products out there now, even for saddles. Lexol is simply crap.

TexasShelby

Established Member
really? news to me...had an 88 mclaren mustang for 21 years never removed any dye from those seats. guess it's how one uses it and how often.

gretzky99

Established Member
i use lexol but may try leatherque from autogeek, i just want to know what needs to be treated as to me not all the surfaces front and back look like real leather

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
does anyone know if the whole seat surface front and back are real leather ,seems like the front side bolsters are the only part wearing ,or getting cracked,its an 09 if that matters .also dash and armrest and steering wheel to if anyone knows

On the seats it should be "leather seating surfaces", the boxing and backs are usually matching vinyl.

R

Users who are viewing this thread