Selecting The Right Oil For Your E85-Powered Application

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Been using E85 for ten years straight in my 2014 gt… nothing but Mobil 1 in my coyote for most of that time, no issues. I used to change the oil with a higher frequency than I would for gasoline, but last few years haven’t bothered, just keep an eye on it and change every 5-6K miles. using 0W-40 European spec M1…

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Been using E85 for ten years straight in my 2014 gt… nothing but Mobil 1 in my coyote for most of that time, no issues. I used to change the oil with a higher frequency than I would for gasoline, but last few years haven’t bothered, just keep an eye on it and change every 5-6K miles. using 0W-40 European spec M1…
What's the difference in the Euro crap Dave?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
What's the difference in the Euro crap Dave?
its classier than its yankee cousin

EDIT: Think its just formulated for longer oil change intervals, little thicker… probably not enough of a difference to make a difference. I use it in all my cars and can get it cheap at Walmart, just under 25 bucks for a jug…

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
its classier than its yankee cousin

EDIT: Think its just formulated for longer oil change intervals, little thicker… probably not enough of a difference to make a difference. I use it in all my cars and can get it cheap at Walmart, just under 25 bucks for a jug…
I'm so classy I run Amazon Basics in most of my stuff.

68gtscode

Established Member
IMG_1772.png

Somewhat off topic, but since we’re taking about e85… I took this screen print of a post from Shaun at AED, regarding adding Marvel upper cylinder lubricant to your e85.

MG0h3

Established Member
View attachment 1840392

Somewhat off topic, but since we’re taking about e85… I took this screen print of a post from Shaun at AED, regarding adding Marvel upper cylinder lubricant to your e85.

Damn that’s nuts!

I put Stabil in my tank the first couple times I knew it would sit 3-6 months.

Don’t even bother anymore.

Then I just made sure to take it easy until I got fresh E.

Don’t bother with than anymore either.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Rookie, sawdust. Works in the transmission too.
I grab the key cutting metal shavings from Home Depot to enhance bi-metallic coolant flow. Really drops temperatures in stop/go traffic. Amke sure you avoid metal shavings from red keys. That’s for Audis only

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Its about oil contamination. If you stick to the original 3-5k mile change intervals, youre more than good.

Ive run e85 exclusively in my TT coyote since 2019 and never had a fuel contamination or oil dilution issue.

Users who are viewing this thread