Selling my 13 for a 14

Turbo mach1

Established Member
When i placed my order on my 13 my wife convinced me to get a vert, so i did what any smart man would do and ordered a blk on blk w/ blk stripe vert with svt and recaros. Keep in mind i wanted a glass roof car all along.

So im thinking of selling the car and ordering an 14 "actually spec'd it out today with my dealer". i know I want the SVT pkg, Trk pack, recaros, Nav and GLASS ROOF, but im not sure if i want to go silver w/grabber blue or the gray with the grabber blue

thoughts anyone???? i have seen a couple of pics with the silver and blue but not the gray and blue

Snoopy49

Established Member
Devious,
I thought they were originally listed as Sonic Blue, but were changed to Deep Impact Blue on "Ford Build It" website?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I honestly don't trust the ford website, they 3.55 gears listed when thats incorrect. All the pics Ive seen they look like sonic blue to me.

Shelby-GT500-side-fr.jpg

I tried to find one, but there is a member here who has sterling gray with blue

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I honestly don't trust the ford website, they 3.55 gears listed when thats incorrect. All the pics Ive seen they look like sonic blue to me.

Shelby-GT500-side-fr.jpg

I tried to find one, but there is a member here who has sterling gray with blue

I believe this one is silver.
01.jpg

Both of those are silver.

nascarcrazy

Established Member
Hi. i have the grey with sonic blue love it

When i placed my order on my 13 my wife convinced me to get a vert, so i did what any smart man would do and ordered a blk on blk w/ blk stripe vert with svt and recaros. Keep in mind i wanted a glass roof car all along.

So im thinking of selling the car and ordering an 14 "actually spec'd it out today with my dealer". i know I want the SVT pkg, Trk pack, recaros, Nav and GLASS ROOF, but im not sure if i want to go silver w/grabber blue or the gray with the grabber blue

thoughts anyone???? i have seen a couple of pics with the silver and blue but not the gray and blue
i have one love it

nascarcrazy

Established Member
loo at you tube 2013 camaro and 13 gt500

look on you tube for the video of the 2013 gt 500 and camaro that garry dean did and you will get a good look at one.just type in 13 gt 500 and you might see it the picture on the page shows the black camaro thats mine and my girls cars:banana:

Turbo mach1

Established Member
look on you tube for the video of the 2013 gt 500 and camaro that garry dean did and you will get a good look at one.just type in 13 gt 500 and you might see it the picture on the page shows the black camaro thats mine and my girls cars:banana:

Can't find it, do you have a link?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

Turbo mach1

Established Member

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Thanks for the link. I'm now more confused than before with silver or gray.

I was originally torn between the blue on grey and the black on grey. I eventually went with black on grey for a couple reasons: One was because I sold my sonic blue cobra to purchase the 2013 and I wanted a completely fresh color; the other reason was because I wasn't too pleased with the way the colored (any of the bright colors) stripes looked on the cars I saw in person. They came across as too thick and too....I don't know...plasticky?

This is just my opinion of course, and there are tons of guys who would disagree with me, but I felt the bright colored stripes stood out too much and exaggerated the fact they were tape and not painted. I felt the black stripes blended in much more with all the other black pieces found all over the car, making the stripes appear a little more subtle.

I think there are many cars with my color combo out there, but VERY few if you went with silver/blue or grey/blue like you're thinking. Might be nice to have such a unique combo instead of something you see more frequently. I also would have liked to have had the colored Cobra stitching and stripes on the Recaro seats, so there are pro's and con's in going either way. Good luck with your search! :beer:

Last edited:

gr850

Established Member
I've had all three. I had the very first 2011 5.0 in the area. A kona blue vert with brembo's and all the rest. 8 months and 5K miles later it had to go. It was simply too hot or too cold for the top down.

Traded the vert in on a 2011 GT500, red stripes, SVTPP, EPKG, Glass roof. I loved this car. It's no longer with us.

Couldn't find another glass roof close by and stumbled on a great deal on a 2012 500 SVTPP, EPKG red stripes hard top. 9K below MSRP. Jumped on it. Neither had recaros, don't care for them.

Hands down....glass roof. F the extra weight and cost. Worth it IMO.

BTW, the butt dyno thinks the 11 was a stronger car and the 12 has gear whine whereas the 11 didn't. The 12 doesn't grind 1-2 as bad as the 11. The new 5.0 motor is simply amazing as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread