Sequential Turnsignal help?

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Hey Fellahs, I'm reposting this here (from the "Exterior" section) cuz it will probably get more traffic here, and maybe I'll have an answer by lunchtime :)

I'm putting in a "Brake Override Module" for my sequential taillights - this will make the brake lights all come on normally, but the turn signals will still sequence > > >...

So anyhow, my instructions say to tap into the power wire for the 3rd brake light where it comes through the rubber grommet in the trunk.
I've pulled out my trunk liner, and I'm seeing 2 grommets: one on the left side, one on the right side.

I would really rather not have to strip off all of the wire loom / tape / cover crap and trace it all out, so I thought I would ask you guys.

Where does the power line come into the trunk for the 3rd brake light?

Thanks in advance fellahs!

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Maybe you should post the answer for others

Oh, I suppose I could do that.

I ended up pulling out all the trunk lining. The 3rd brake plug is on the left, just above the wheel well hump. I unplugged it, and while pressing the brake to send power to the brake light, i checked the voltage on the pins.

The green wire had power only when the brake was pressed, so I tapped into that one to connect my Brake Override Module.

The BOM then connects to the 2 sequential flasher modules.

This allows the brake lights to all turn on together when the brakes are pressed, then it starts to sequence if there is a turn signal input.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread