Service Manual info needed

larryc7777

Established Member
I need help locating what a particular wire feeds. Quick background......I was wiping dust from the engine compartment & when I attempted to get the fender area below the main fuse panel on the driver's side, I saw a spark flash. I wiggled the wires coming off of the accessory post and the flash happened again. I traced the wires from the post & found a light green (16 ga.?) wire that was rubbing on the metal framework that supports the fuse panel. The insulation was rubbed through & the bare wire was in constant contact with the metal frame. Can anyone tell me what that wire feeds? I checked all of the fuses that I could find & none are blown. If you need more info about the wire I can tell you that it and an 8 ga. black/orange strip wire are connected to a pair of 10 ga. gray wires coming from the accessory post on the side of the fuse panel underhood. Thanks, Larry

larryc7777

Established Member
Come on, guys. I'm stuck at the Firehouse today & can't get to my Service DVD.:??:

mnypit

Established Member
OK. Cant post the pic from the Service CD so I will try to explain best I can. The grey wires are fusible links. The light green wire runs to FUSE #F1.20. That fuse is a 20A fuse located in the Batery Junction Box. Both the black/orange and the light green (the light green wire becomes a yellow/white wire on the back side of the 20A fuse) wires run to the generator.

Probably a good thing you found that insulation break, as it is on the front side of the fuse. The fusible links would (should) have prevented a total melt down, but something that needs immediate attention for sure.

FYI, it is TAG 13-1 on the service DVD, just click on Power Distribution on the menu for wiring diagrams and it will take you right there.

Hope this helps!

Steve

Edited for piss poor spelling.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
manual shows 16 ga LG (light green?) connects to battery junction box and to 12 ga Gray fusible link

this is the first time i am cracking this book so alot of it is jibberish to me still

hope this helps

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
oh

fuse it connects to in battery junction box is f1.20

20 amps

to generator?

larryc7777

Established Member
Thanks guys.:beer: I don't think that I did any damage to anything since everything seems to be working OK. Lucky I'm anal enough to clean every recess or I may never have noticed the short.

Users who are viewing this thread