Shelby Displayed on Rear

crazyhorse06

Established Member
how? Is it like the 68 emblem or block letters like the 67? What color is the show car, does it have leather? Give us details, we need details.

broeli

Established Member
Who cares if it has a 6" shelby emblem on the side. It needs to say SHELBY across the decklid with the brakelight mounted in the spoiler. It looks like Ford is too cheap though and is just slapping on the std. Mustang decklid with the brakelight mounted in the way.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
You guys are killing me that you are making it such a big deal that "SHELBY" is not just bannered on the back of the car. Who gives a ****?? Its called a shelby and everyone knows it. Dont think it needs to be spelled out in huge font on the back for people to know what it is. Why dont you just paint SHELBY down the side of the car if you are that insecure about people maybe not knowing what you are driving. :rollseyes

It would still be a great car even if Shelby had nothing to do with it.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
You guys are killing me that you are making it such a big deal that "SHELBY" is not just bannered on the back of the car. Who gives a ****?? Its called a shelby and everyone knows it. Dont think it needs to be spelled out in huge font on the back for people to know what it is. Why dont you just paint SHELBY down the side of the car if you are that insecure about people maybe not knowing what you are driving. :rollseyes

It would still be a great car even if Shelby had nothing to do with it.

thats funny. :lol: i feel the same way about svt branding thier name all over the mustangs.

Kenardo

Established Member
Yes indead, its amazing how Ford and only Ford ( or is it just SVT ) can come out with a Perfect Concept Prototype SHELBY GT500 and screw up the Production Model with a Miniature Shelby on the back, a Screwed up Hood and an UGLY looking engine. Oh, let us not forget, they do own Volvo !?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Personally I wish it didn't say Shelby anywhere on it.
That just gave them the right to ask 5K more than it should cost. LOL

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I like the smaller shelby lettering on the rear left. I think it looked too stretched out before. Definitely don't wanna pay 5k for it though.

Last edited:

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
At Ford the easy-way out their answer to design

broeli said:
Who cares if it has a 6" shelby emblem on the side. It needs to say SHELBY across the decklid with the brakelight mounted in the spoiler. It looks like Ford is too cheap though and is just slapping on the std. Mustang decklid with the brakelight mounted in the way.

As a designer who makes a living at it, it is always the details that make a product outstanding or less so.....The concept, from a designer's standpoint was excellent....But once it was passed to engineering, and analyzed for production assembly, compromises were made....A decklid stamping would have had to have punch holes for the lettering, due to the stripes, the wing would have had to been re-designed for the stoplight assembly...no big deal, but Ford saved a few bucks, and gave us a compromised execution....It's a great car, but in my mind, just a dressed-up GT, with more speed......I think I will be selling my Powerlease Option......I am also dissappointed that more interior colors, top choice colors are not being offered.......Oh well...

venams03

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
since when is ford asking 5k more than it should for the car?

I agree. I don't think there would be an opportunity for "price-gouging" if it didn't carry that silly "SHELBY" name on it.

Ford MSRP and corporate won't but the local dealers will try. That's what I'm seeing in the Chicago market.

Silly dealers. Still pissing loyal (future...maybe) customers off.

They won't get my money above MSRP that's for sure

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
hasn't ford been doing that for years now? the svt products are displayed on the rear left, as well as the bullitt. the mach1 isnt in the center either. no biggie, as long as it pulls hard throughout the rev range. i'm STILL excited about this car!

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
i think the reason why ford is selling this car as a shelby is to try and make sure that they dont sit on the dealer lots again. after the first 6 months, when all the hype died down, there was all sorts of 03's available. kind of sad, especially when this was touted as the best production mustang ever. ford does not want this to happen again.

venams03

Established Member
meaty mac said:
i think the reason why ford is selling this car as a shelby is to try and make sure that they dont sit on the dealer lots again. after the first 6 months, when all the hype died down, there was all sorts of 03's available. kind of sad, especially when this was touted as the best production mustang ever. ford does not want this to happen again.

That would make sense to me but it would also mean that they would need to badge all future "SVT" products with the SHELBY (or other specialty name) name also to ensure that they sell. That doesn't make much sense to me

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I wish Colletti would go out on his own, kinda like Saleen, and make a super stang. That I would buy.

-Jeff

SHOLANDO

Established Member
128.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread