Shift knobs

sin`

SVT
Established Member
Hey guys, I was wondering if there are any cool looking shift knobs that will fit our cars well. My friend gave me one from autozone but it doesn't fit too well becuase of the reverse thingy. The spring shows and what not and its real hard to fit on. So... is there anything better out there thats not so expensive and looks/fits good?

Give me some suggestions :) Thanks guys.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
you may search for focus knobs, they should fit..

Y2KSVT

Established Member
A lot of SVT guys go with the Cougar shift knob. They have the reverse lockout function, and the knob looks pretty good. IIRC it's black leather with a brushed aluminum gear indicator.

Mark

csvt3733

Established Member
i actually like my Momo Race Airleather Aluminum Shift Knob over my contour svt knob. its comfortable and retains the reverse lock-out. its very popular and i have seen it on anyhting from a saleen focus to a noble m12 m400. it feels like to me that the weight in the knob helps for a smoother shift, my brother who has the same car tried and said he could not tell any difference, maybe thats just me. 80 bucks at spmotorsport

http://www.spmotorsports.com/ATCcontour_access_shift_knobs_momo.html

BLACKSVTCONTOUR

GOT SVT?
Established Member
for that kind of money, i would just buy the b&m short shifter for $160 rather than a knob ranging anywhere from $75-100, its a no brainer :bash:

csvt3733

Established Member
BLACKSVTCONTOUR said:
for that kind of money, i would just buy the b&m short shifter for $160 rather than a knob ranging anywhere from $75-100, its a no brainer :bash:

well i didnt care for the grip, so i got what i paid for and of superb quality and fitting. how is the b&m? i have never tried it and wanted to look into it...

BLACKSVTCONTOUR

GOT SVT?
Established Member
oh i'm going to order it soon, i need the short shifter anyways b/c everytime i shift into 1st, 3rd, or 5th, i hit my headunit and it messes it up, i think all round, anyone would be better off, i mean u get a nice short shifter with a nice knob, i think u couldn't go wrong, and besides all that, its a direct bolt on, i was thinkin of just buyin a voodoo knob, but i changed my mind to go with the b&m, i kno others have put the b&m into their svtc, and have loved it!

csvt3733

Established Member
BLACKSVTCONTOUR said:
oh i'm going to order it soon, i need the short shifter anyways b/c everytime i shift into 1st, 3rd, or 5th, i hit my headunit and it messes it up, i think all round, anyone would be better off, i mean u get a nice short shifter with a nice knob, i think u couldn't go wrong, and besides all that, its a direct bolt on, i was thinkin of just buyin a voodoo knob, but i changed my mind to go with the b&m, i kno others have put the b&m into their svtc, and have loved it!

does the b&m come with the silver knob? i really dont like the way it looks or how it would feel, i live in socal so the heat would make that thing 100 degrees after sitting in the sun for a few hours. can you remove it? also, i have a avic-n1 and i hit is sometimes but just makes me want to concentrate more and not be flapping my hands around lol its alright and i have no complaints even though i can avoid my navi screen

BLACKSVTCONTOUR

GOT SVT?
Established Member
yes it has the silver knob, and uh, i use one of them heat sheilds for the windshield to keep heat out its a good way to keep heat out :banana: , i think the b&m is alot nicer than any knob u can go out and buy, what do u mean flappin your hands around, i mean when i shift, my fist hits the radio and changes the station, it pisses me off, so i'm buying the b&m, its direct bolt on, and much nicer, like i said its a no brainer, IMO with the b&m you can't go wrong man :burnout:

good luck with whatever u do :beer:

csvt3733

Established Member
BLACKSVTCONTOUR said:
yes it has the silver knob, and uh, i use one of them heat sheilds for the windshield to keep heat out its a good way to keep heat out :banana: , i think the b&m is alot nicer than any knob u can go out and buy, what do u mean flappin your hands around, i mean when i shift, my fist hits the radio and changes the station, it pisses me off, so i'm buying the b&m, its direct bolt on, and much nicer, like i said its a no brainer, IMO with the b&m you can't go wrong man :burnout:

good luck with whatever u do :beer:

ahh well i use a windscreen sheild too ALL time, but concidering i cannot block all the windows and have no tint, the car still gets really hot inside and just from the side windows i would assume the polished knob could get REALLY hot, just a problem i am concerned with. also, i love my knob and would concider a short-throw for when i hit the track only. but u cant change the existing one on there or no? just wondering...

BLACKSVTCONTOUR

GOT SVT?
Established Member
i'm not sure on that one yet, someone has to kno tho, if not i'll let ya kno when i get mine

u can also crack your windows, and put a rag over your shift tower, i found that helps alot also :)

Last edited:

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Y2KSVT said:
A lot of SVT guys go with the Cougar shift knob. They have the reverse lockout function, and the knob looks pretty good. IIRC it's black leather with a brushed aluminum gear indicator.

Mark
Quote for emphasis.

By far the best looking shift knob.

Much better then the gaudy looking aluminum, plastic. or CF ones. :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread