Shoe suggestions for warehouse work

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
just started a new job at a warehouse, walking 10-12hrs, 4 days a week, and my feet and knees are killing me right now. i'm wearing a pair of nike free shoes but barefoot-esque running shoes obviously aren't quite ideal.
so does anyone have any suggestions? i'd prefer a shoe over a boot(weight), and something that might be available locally. don't need steel toes.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
People thought I was nuts, but I'm on my feet 13-14 hours a day at work on a concrete surface. I bought a set of Z-Coil shoes:
https://shoes.zcoil.com/

It felt like I was walking on clouds. All leg and lower back pain disappeared. The heel portion is replaceable as well so if that portion wears out first you can just replace it.

They're not cheap, but they were worth every penny IMO. They last quite awhile too. I used to wear NB's and I'll go through a pair every 2-3 months. These lasted closer to six with the replaceable heels.

I wouldn't purchase them unless you can try them on somewhere local first. First couple steps were wobbly, but man for the pain they saved, I'd pay alot more!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Running shoes and some Dr. Scholls pads.
any specific brands? i've heard new balance and asics are great for this kinda stuff, skate shoes too.

People thought I was nuts, but I'm on my feet 13-14 hours a day at work on a concrete surface. I bought a set of Z-Coil shoes:
https://shoes.zcoil.com/

It felt like I was walking on clouds. All leg and lower back pain disappeared. The heel portion is replaceable as well so if that portion wears out first you can just replace it.

They're not cheap, but they were worth every penny IMO. They last quite awhile too. I used to wear NB's and I'll go through a pair every 2-3 months. These lasted closer to six with the replaceable heels.

I wouldn't purchase them unless you can try them on somewhere local first. First couple steps were wobbly, but man for the pain they saved, I'd pay alot more!
gotta say, those things look pretty damn ****ing ugly, LOL. i'd checkem' out, but that's a little expensive for my blood.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
any specific brands? i've heard new balance and asics are great for this kinda stuff, skate shoes too.

gotta say, those things look pretty damn ****ing ugly, LOL. i'd checkem' out, but that's a little expensive for my blood.

They are ugly, no joke there. Get alot of comments about lowering springs too :dw: But comfort was slick and the price is tough to swallow. I got my last pair on Ebay though for 80+/-.

Otherwise, I agree on running shoes and inserts. I loved my NBs compared to anything else I tried.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

Listen here, the LAST thing that should cross your mind is how much you spent on shoes! With your new job, pay for the best pair you can afford or you'll be kicking your ass later. I do painting for a living and wear New Balance shoes. Started a side job and ended up working 70+ hrs a week painting and remodeling a house. First month I trashed my NB shoes and bought some cheapy shoes because I didn't want to trash another pair of $70 shoes, BIG MISTAKE!!! Two weeks in and I had difficulty walking and getting up in the morning was a b***c because my feet hurt so bad when I got out of bed.

Ended up getting New Balance shoes again with a gel insert and although my feet are better, 3 months later they still bother me. My previous job I bought a pair of Redwings($150) and they were the best(and most expensive) shoes I've ever owned. O have the next month off and I'm doing all a can to get my feet back to normal, don't be like me;-)

Edit: In short- You get what you pay for.

Last edited:

phinhead34

Established Member
Dont know if your required to wear steel toes. I am, and would recommend Dr, Martens. Those were the most comfortable shoes for me in my 17yrs in wearing steel toes.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
personally, i like my cats. they're comfortable and they last for ****ing ever. i have the caterpillar alaskan steel toe. but since you don't require a steel toe, i'd recommend the regular alaskan. i've owned a couple pairs of those as well and they're even more comfortable since the toe has some give to it.

27638-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Dont know if your required to wear steel toes. I am, and would recommend Dr, Martens. Those were the most comfortable shoes for me in my 17yrs in wearing steel toes.

never did get why people keep saying that. i finally got a pair of docs (well 4 years ago. lol.) and i was not impressed with them.

Last edited:

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
Nike also has a "walking" version of their Free Run called the "Free Walk". I wear the Free Walks, and I work 10 hours a day. When I come home my feet feel fine. Also check out "Brooks Addiction Walkers".

myblackgt

MPG LOL
Established Member
i was having the same problem as you a few months ago. i bought new shoes with $50 inserts, new work boots, neither of them worked. my feet just got used to it.

flS/R

Established Member
get a good pair of walkers. The RBKs I was using as a waiter and bartender were the most comfortable shoes I had.

As mentioned previously, those z-coils look funny but everyone I know who has worn them, love them.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
thanks a lot for all the suggestions guys, looks like i have some shoes and boots to try out tomorrow. i'll post up my findings.

Listen here, the LAST thing that should cross your mind is how much you spent on shoes! With your new job, pay for the best pair you can afford or you'll be kicking your ass later. I do painting for a living and wear New Balance shoes. Started a side job and ended up working 70+ hrs a week painting and remodeling a house. First month I trashed my NB shoes and bought some cheapy shoes because I didn't want to trash another pair of $70 shoes, BIG MISTAKE!!! Two weeks in and I had difficulty walking and getting up in the morning was a b***c because my feet hurt so bad when I got out of bed.

Ended up getting New Balance shoes again with a gel insert and although my feet are better, 3 months later they still bother me. My previous job I bought a pair of Redwings($150) and they were the best(and most expensive) shoes I've ever owned. O have the next month off and I'm doing all a can to get my feet back to normal, don't be like me;-)

Edit: In short- You get what you pay for.
i've been unemployed for a while, so my budget is tight right now. i'm looking for something to at least get me through a couple pay checks so that i can save some cash and buy a pair of quality shoes.

i was having the same problem as you a few months ago. i bought new shoes with $50 inserts, new work boots, neither of them worked. my feet just got used to it.
i've had a few jobs where i'm on my feet all day, but it's been a few years. i know the first 2 weeks or so will suck regardless of the shoes, but i'm sure i can make it 'suck less'(LOL) with some better shoes.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Might want to look into Sketchers boots. I bought a pair a few years back and finally trashed them a couple weeks ago. Ran me about $45, were durable, and pretty comfortable. I spent 8-14hr a day on my feet, and those handled it well. Also look like a basic nice professional/work boot, so nothing too obnoxious or that would stand out.

robraySVT

Established Member
Justin double comfort slip on work boots. They have replaceable inserts and I believe 7 or 8 layers of cushion. Im on my feet all day and my feet never hurt after a shift.

Users who are viewing this thread