Should I sell my gt to get a gt500

ghig50

Established Member
I traded my 13 GT premium for my current 08 gt500 I like the way the Shelby drives including the interior. Go with what you like

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mach828

Established Member
If you are going to mod it a lot, then there isn't a better platform to build on than a 5.0 with the 6r80 and SRA.
If you are going to cruise it and just do minor bolt ons, I'd go with the GT500.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
If you are going to mod it a lot, then there isn't a better platform to build on than a 5.0 with the 6r80 and SRA.
If you are going to cruise it and just do minor bolt ons, I'd go with the GT500.

And so it begins...

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I was gonna say keep your GT, but since you're in Sweden, definitely go for the GT500, if you can swing it. Interior-wise, I actually prefer the interior of the '07-'09. Something about that simplistic, Tonka toy design speaks to me. I prefer the air vents way more than the ones in my '11. I'd argue that my '05 GT Premium had a nicer interior than my '11 GT500.

Being in Sweden, I would imagine any Mustang is a rare sight. A GT500 would be all the more rare.

Performance-wise, I don't think there's a whole lot of difference between an '07 GT500 and a '12 GT, especially not with the 3.31 ring gear and 3900+ lbs the '07 - '09 GT500 came with.

It really just depends on your own preferences.

i know the numbers say differently but when i was in the market i test drove a bone stock 08 and a 2012 5.0. there was no comparison. the GT500 had better torque and just kept pulling. the 5.0 would lose steam. yes the interior is a little bit better (not like luxury car better) but thats not worth it imo. the 07-09 GT500 isnt exactly on new edge GT interior level lol. its sufficient.

being that you cant add a blower to your GT in your country, that's all the answer you need. plus, i know how American Muscle is really popular in Sweden. the GT500 has the old school muscle car look. driving a GT500 there will be like driving around in a Viper here lol. people will stare and be in awe.
and if you can do a pulley swap (without getting in trouble), it will make the car a ****ing animal, and for cheap.

i dont know if youre shopping over here or in EU but here you can score an 07-09 pretty cheap now. and soooo many of them have less than 10k on them since theyre weekend toys.

the only downside is gas. i know gas is $$ there and gt500s guzzle gas like a college frat boy. but its worth it. especially if this is going to be a toy car and not a DD.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
if youre going to import from the US, then look in Mexico as well. ive seen looow mileage 2013 GT500 down in the high $20ks. they have low resale value down there due to their impracticality. i have someone who can help you out down there if you are interested.

eekkaann

Established Member
Thank you for all your replys!
buying from USA right now is no option, the dollar is much stronger than the Swedish krona right now so it would be to expensive. For example, buying a 30 000 dollar car cost about 12 000 - 13 000 dollars just to get it home in taxes, transport and so on :(

I will try to find someone close to me and se if i can try one and get an idéa of what I could expect.

Users who are viewing this thread