Should I sell the '98 and buy a Terminator?

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
This topic has been beat to death, its almost getting as bad as the what gears should i do threads. But to the OP its your money get what you want. A stock 03 will by the sounds of it keep you very content for a long time

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I would take an 03-04 over my car in a second if I could afford the payment/insurance/gas. 8 years really makes a big difference in comfort I think. Plus it's so easy to get a term to 450rwhp then you can spray if you want and not worry too much since it's a built motor. I would love a terminator.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Just put a blower on it, like the KB.. youll have more power than a stock termy without the payments..

Last edited:

venomous99

Established Member
kb ons sn95 4v cobras are not intercooled so you're limited to lower boost and power unless you start spraying meth.
to the original thread starter, maybe you should sit down and brainstorm the pros and cons going with each. no matter what way you look at it, going with either can be the right choice depending on what your requirements and expectations are.

sn95 terminators are bad ass and give ppl a nice double take when they see the eaton on there

RubberDown

the MAD hatter
Established Member
yes... just do it. I would have happily traded my 97 off on a terminator except i paid cash for it, and paid cash for the new build I did... so I have no car payment. My buddy at my old job had an 04, it was so much nicer to drive than my 97 to just drive. I am sure my 97 will eventually rape most terminators, but thats cuz I am dumping stupid money in it. The same money in a termi would be a better car in the end. Its just the initial buy price is way higher. So there is my logic.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I got both and love the looks of the 98. The 03/04 is just an awesome all around car. I was in the same spot as you, but didn't want to sink any more money in the sn95.

I'll be selling my mint 98 with 46K on it soon.

BLACKVNM

Established Member
Don't drive one unless you're serious about buying one. I went from a 98 coupe to a mach 1 and now an 03 cobra. The cobra is head and shoulders above either of the other 2 that I had as far as performance.

That being said, if I had the place to do it and the know-how, I would LOVE to have a terminator-powered SN95 like venomous99 was talking about. You won't go wrong either way. I wouldn't put myself in a financial bind trying to get into one. Good luck to you

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
Don't get one just for the sound. Get one because you want a fast, reliable daily driver and can easily afford it.

If you just want more power, put a blower on your sn95. You'll be lighter and have the stronger rear end. True you may have to replace the motor earlier.

If you want an '03 it should be because you really like the looks and/or you like the built motor and blower already installed. And don't mind losing a few mpg.

I had a '97 Cobra that the wife now drives because I wanted a '03. I drove it for three years, but sold it several months ago and bought a '96 Cobra. Funny the only thing I miss about the '03 is the whine, but I sure as heck wouldn't buy another one just for that!

I'm not into drag racing at all and thats part of why the '03 got sold. The two things that make it unique, the IRS and blower, made it a little less fun to open track with.

Maybe you should treat it like a boat? Don't own a boat, have a friend with a boat. Same might go for a Terminator if you can't easily afford one.

Marcosvt

Svt Power
Established Member
Bro i was in the same or might still be in the same boat as you but, i thought that in the long run and as my daily driver i would have a carpayment for 5 years that would need repair and other usual stuff. So i decide to enjoy other parts of my life better like, go out more buy more cloths,movies, and still have a nice car and fix it up. But unless u have the extra cash bro then i would, im only 20 so maybe in a couple of years g/l with decision.

allgo90

Established Member
I love the sound of the blower in my L but i also love the sound of the Procharger in my Cobra..thats why i have both:rockon:

fastlane65

Starting lots of projects
Established Member
Thanks for all the great responses. For the most part, everyone is helping convince me to go for it. Its not going to be a daily driver, but not a race car either, just a fun, quick car I can get in and go to a show or a weekend cruise, and a car the wife can still drive. I'm not strapped for cash, but I also don't want to start throwing money into the '98 to get it up to 400 HP. Too many other projects in front of me right now anyway (TBI for the '67, lots of metal work on the '68, full restore on the '65, paint the house, etc.) I believe I would feel a lot more comfortable on a road trip in a fairly stock Terminator than in a modified '98 (planning to do Mustangs Across America next year.)

Really, it just boils down to me having the "wants." I just want a Terminator because it has more power, different interior and possibly a better ride. I love the 10th anniversary wheels too. Definitely won't get black this time - one black car at a time is enough.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread