Skinnies

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
I am sure that this topic has been beat to death but we are going to beat it again. Will I need spacers for the front of my car for 15 by 4 inch skinnies? I also know that I will need to shave the front calipers. What do I use to shave them down and how much will I have to shave off? Thanks for the help.

95StangRC

Established Member
With the cobra brakes, you're gonna need a 1 inch hubcentric spacer to clear them without grinding. If you do wanna grind your brakes, you can probably get away with a smaller spacer. With a 1 inch spacer, your stock studs will not be long enough and therefore, you'll need to install longer ones. If you don't wanna install longer studs with your 1 inch spacer, you can use one of the hubcentric spacers that bolt to your existing wheel studs and have their own set of studs to bolt the wheel to. Running this large of a spacer will obviously push the wheel further out of the wheel well and if it ends up sticking out too much for your taste, the only way that I know of to remedy that is to pick up a set of fox style a-arms which are a bit shorter. Good luck

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
that's cool I don't mind grinding them down a little bit but I didn't want to change the wheel studs.

Its not that hard really. I did mine in about 45 mins. You just hammer them out, and torque new studs in with an airgun.

Users who are viewing this thread