Sliced my leg down to the bone...

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I was leaving work and walking out to my car. There's a metal pipe with a thin metal covering on it. I've stepped on it several times with no issue, but this time the cover spun on an axis and my leg went down into the pipe. A metal rod was sticking up out of the bottom of the hole. Got a laceration about 2" across and took it all the way down to my tibia. No breaks, but it's gonna make for a kickass scar. Hydrocodone is my friend!:sleeping:

4613_1154755717416_1483400741_30390678_5261604_n.jpg

n1467258799_30389471_1169548.jpg

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Chicks dig scars. At least I work for the gubbernment and they're gonna give me some paid time off and a new pair of khakis. The thing sliced right through my pants and jammed up into my leg. The pain was unbelievable. It's odd though, it wasn't until I pulled my pants leg up and saw the wound that it started bleeding like crazy.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Thanks guys. It doesn't look very bad, but the cut's deep and I think the metal rod went up my shin a few inches. It's nothing major and I'm not whining, but dammit it hurts.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
dude I feel ya, bout 2 weeks ago me and a few buddies where moving a 68 302 I scored for free out of a truck onto the engine stand, and my right ring finger got caught between the back of the block and the mount that goes into the stand cuz one of the other guys didn't tighten it down all the way. Took a chunk out of my finger down to the bone, bruised the tendon, and severed a few nerves, 7 stitches. It's healing pretty well but it's still swollen and alot of bruising and I still don't have full range of motion yet.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I've gotten stitches several times and I was banking on about 10. The EMT was guessing about 8. The ER was busy and the guy did 3 quick stitches, threw a scrip at me, and ran off.

fastford2004

Established Member
i have a 4" scar right down straight up my shin from catching it on a tailpipe wrapping a pallet at work in high school.... man that sucked, so i know how u feel

u n v kenny

Established Member
You better make up a better story than that for the ladies!!!

Hope it won't bother you in the long run though

Users who are viewing this thread