SMOG delete??. egr del???

bluebullitt256

Established Member
you dont want to do a pcv delete lol....rather you want to install a catch can to filter out the oil instead of letting it pass into the intake...the pcv is there to relieve pressure so you have to have it. Search for handsomerob's write up on the catch can install.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I've thought about deleting smog and/or EGR, but have to pass emissions as of now. Hopefully I'll be exempt soon, but has anyone deleted 1 or both & still passed emissions?

danielson631

Established Member
I've thought about deleting smog and/or EGR, but have to pass emissions as of now. Hopefully I'll be exempt soon, but has anyone deleted 1 or both & still passed emissions?

i *think* it should pass as long as you have the systems shutoff with a tuner

once i can get these damn lines off i can take some pics and make a write up. i dont think one exists.

Incase you guys missed it check out the link up there that PSUCOBRA posted above it has some more info and a couple pics.

danielson631

Established Member
Does anyone have a write up on this and the PCV delete? I want to get rid of them to keep the IMRC's from getting so gunked up until I swap to C heads.

you dont want to do a pcv delete lol....rather you want to install a catch can to filter out the oil instead of letting it pass into the intake...the pcv is there to relieve pressure so you have to have it. Search for handsomerob's write up on the catch can install.

i want to make a catch can soon.

but what would it hurt if you stuck a breather cap where the pcv valve is and capped off the intake?

i have a breather cap on the passanger side, and havent noticed any difference. id like to stick one on the driver side to make it even, for looks, but i dont know the effects of doing so. though ive seen it done before..?

Last edited:

TDUB003

Established Member
i want to make a catch can soon.

but what would it hurt if you stuck a breather cap where the pcv valve is and capped off the intake?

i have a breather cap on the passanger side, and havent noticed any difference. id like to stick one on the driver side to make it even, for looks, but i dont know the effects of doing so. though ive seen it done before..?

Did you just cap the PCV at the intake? I want to do a catch can install, I guess I should have clarified that.

bluebullitt256

Established Member
i have seen some termi guys with just a breather where the pcv used to be. But i have also heard about it blowing oil out sometimes too...try it and see and report back cause i would like to do that too.

Users who are viewing this thread