Smoked heads= Diminished light?

DsilverM

Established Member
I have the stock 99-00 clear headlights and am thinking about getting tint overlays until I can get my hands on some actual smoked ones. However I am worried about that I won't be able to see at night. Anyone have pics or input about their smoked heads with STOCK silverstar HEADLIGHT bulbs or/lumonic type bulbs?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do a Google search on SMOKED HEADLIGHTS or TINTED HEADLIGHTS. I was honestly surprised at how much buyers like them. I haven't found any comments about reduced visibility but I didn't search that far either. You'll find pics in the Google search as well.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant
Established Member
Do a Google search on SMOKED HEADLIGHTS or TINTED HEADLIGHTS. I was honestly surprised at how much buyers like them. I haven't found any comments about reduced visibility but I didn't search that far either. You'll find pics in the Google search as well.

A buddy of my has smoked headlights for his cobra and he DID lose a little visibility with stock bulbs.

kuruma

Established Member
What do you expect to happen when you put tints on anything? the whole point is to block light, just like window tints.

DsilverM

Established Member
A buddy of my has smoked headlights for his cobra and he DID lose a little visibility with stock bulbs.

only a little? goood
What do you expect to happen when you put tints on anything? the whole point is to block light, just like window tints.

well of course, I obviously know light with be slightly diminished. I just am wondering how much to make sure I will still be able to see at night.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Yes, my smoked lights on my mustang were horrible at night.

Get HID's aim them down, call it done.

Jefe

Established Member
I had tinted covers on my Roush and the fogs lights were brighter on the road than my stock headlights. It cuts the light drastically. But I did drive like that for over 2 years so....didnt bother me much. Offset it with some HID's and you should be good

DSCI02872-4.jpg

Last edited:

audia4mike

Suckin Gas Haulin Ass
Established Member
Light is serverely lost when u use that spray stuff to tint the headlights. i had to switch over to HID's and even then it sucked so i just got new headlights.

Users who are viewing this thread