So uh, what happened to the Evolution GT500??????????

R1Lello

Established Member
:uh oh:

I lost interest then........I have Giovanna on my truck and love them, nice quality, bought them because I got a good deal but just in case I lost a center cap, I inquired to buy an extra. Zero replies on emails and my design is no longer available so besides being really, really expensive new, they discontinue their designs quickly.

bluestreak89

Established Member
R1Lello said:
:uh oh:

I lost interest then........I have Giovanna on my truck and love them, nice quality, bought them because I got a good deal but just in case I lost a center cap, I inquired to buy an extra. Zero replies on emails and my design is no longer available so besides being really, really expensive new, they discontinue their designs quickly.
Depending on which wheels you have Giovanna has had them out for MANY YEARS now. Asanti's are VERY EXPENSIVE, you may spend 10k on wheels alone, but you wont have to worry about the styles discontinuing on them.

chuckstang

Established Member
unless the wheel gives you an extra 100rwhp as well
10k is retarded for a stupid set of rims
Leave that shiit for the escalades

R1Lello

Established Member
chuckstang said:
unless the wheel gives you an extra 100rwhp as well
10k is retarded for a stupid set of rims
Leave that shiit for the escalades

Agreed.............stupid or $$ spent unwisely........same thing

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
spending money is all relative to what you make and what you like.... i dont understand why so many people dont understand that

chuckstang

Established Member
a wheel literally is not worth that much money unless it is a one off custom built rim that no body else has.
A mas produced rim in no way cost them that much to make and nor should it be marked up that much.
Unless it has flawless diamonds all around the lip

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Even if it is mass produced, if it is cut from a solid billet, polished and/or chromed correctly I can imagine a wheel costing $2500 each. But what do I know I only work as a machinist, ordering aluminum, programming and cutting billet parts. :shrug:

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Update on Evolution Shelby #1........ Ran a 10.02 at SSOTN track rental at Cecil County Dragway today.

Wow soooooo close to 9's. How many runs did they make?

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
1BADGT500 said:
Wow soooooo close to 9's. How many runs did the make?
I'm not sure of the details yet. There was some friendly MACA trash talking between Evolution and Hissssnsvt, (04' Whippled Cobra) about some heads up racing at the rental and although I don't believe they ever actually raced side by side, Evolution had a best run of 10.02, while Hissn hit a 10.03!

But, rumor has it that JLP is getting a 2.8H in shortly for their 07' Shelby and this could get real interesting.......

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
IronTerp said:
I'm not sure of the details yet. There was some friendly MACA trash talking between Evolution and Hissssnsvt, (04' Whippled Cobra) about some heads up racing at the rental and although I don't believe they ever actually raced side by side, Evolution had a best run of 10.02, while Hissn hit a 10.03!

But, rumor has it that JLP is getting a 2.8H in shortly for their 07' Shelby and this could get real interesting.......

:pop:

Almo

Established Member
No shit, I for one will fess up to the fact... I thought the weight would stand in the way of a GT500 running great times. Looks like the weight distribution is working great for the car. Great runs to say the least... I did know the 331would put down some impressive numbers and as some have seen, looks like KB has shown just that.

Looks like lots of 750 RWHP GT500 will be roaming the streets soon as the twin screws hit the market.

Users who are viewing this thread