Sold the Cobra. Bought a new toy. Pics.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I likey.. I too someday will own a 911.. Would love one now but just scared of maintenance costs and upkeep. I've heard they can be real financial nightmares if problematic. Gl and congrats. Very nice combo. The interiors are a definite plus..

ViciousJay

Established Member
I likey.. I too someday will own a 911.. Would love one now but just scared of maintenance costs and upkeep. I've heard they can be real financial nightmares if problematic. Gl and congrats. Very nice combo. The interiors are a definite plus..

this! i had an E46 BMW M3 and i thought those were maintenance whores, i cant even rationalize what a Porsche maintenance goes for

recalcitrant

Established Member
I talked to the dealer about mx before I bought it. Clutch is about 1300. Normal service at the dealer once a year about $400. I would spend more on mx on my Cobra than that. Plus, they are bullet proof. Not like Ferrari where you can't drive it because of the cost. Check into it yourself. I was pleasantly surprised. Cheers.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Thanks guys! Can't wait to get it to the track and run some laps.

favorite car ive ever driven to date! the steering is unbelievable and i agree on the acceleration. the gearing is fantastic.

just be careful with that ass end on the track. last time i went some guy had one and kept spinning out like crazy. the rear engine/rwd combo makes that tail just wanting to come spinning around. you can feel it just driving around on the street. :eek::dancenana:

have fun with her! i bet the drive home was a blast!

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
and here I was expecting another "Oh I bought a Z06" thread... but my my, guys got himself sotin actually worth selling a cobra for!

recalcitrant

Established Member
favorite car ive ever driven to date! the steering is unbelievable and i agree on the acceleration. the gearing is fantastic.

just be careful with that ass end on the track. last time i went some guy had one and kept spinning out like crazy. the rear engine/rwd combo makes that tail just wanting to come spinning around. you can feel it just driving around on the street. :eek::dancenana:

have fun with her! i bet the drive home was a blast!

Hey Steve. I'm with you on this. I can't believe just how good as an overall package that this car is. Interior, Exterior, handling, power, etc. Porsche's are definitely different on the track. Once you get used to them, look out!

Users who are viewing this thread