Some pics of my new GN

Dan SS2471

Established Member
Temps were in the 40s over the weekend so I washed it and cleaned up the tail pipes a bit.

Bought it in mid January. It's got a good build up that I'm going to be improving upon as far as the go-fast factor. Built trans, converter, bigger turbo / intercooler and perhaps alky injection. Should be good for mid-high 10s with traction...Needs some cosmetic work too (bumper fillers..paint eventually), etc. But overall it's a pretty solid car.

So for now, here's just some pics. ;-)

dan-ss2471-albums-where-d-my-lightning-harley-gallery-go-picture18590-009.jpg

dan-ss2471-albums-where-d-my-lightning-harley-gallery-go-picture18589-009.jpg

dan-ss2471-albums-where-d-my-lightning-harley-gallery-go-picture18588-009.jpg

dan-ss2471-albums-where-d-my-lightning-harley-gallery-go-picture18587-009.jpg

dan-ss2471-albums-where-d-my-lightning-harley-gallery-go-picture18595-009.jpg

dan-ss2471-albums-where-d-my-lightning-harley-gallery-go-picture18594-009.jpg

dan-ss2471-albums-where-d-my-lightning-harley-gallery-go-picture18593-009.jpg

dan-ss2471-albums-where-d-my-lightning-harley-gallery-go-picture18591-009.jpg

dan-ss2471-albums-where-d-my-lightning-harley-gallery-go-picture18592-009.jpg

dan-ss2471-albums-where-d-my-lightning-harley-gallery-go-picture18596-009.jpg

Coiled03

Established Member
Not feelin' the wheels, but the rest of it looks very nice!

Dan SS2471

Established Member
Thanks, guys. I'm personally ok with the rims. And they're new (along with the Potenzas). About the only thing I'd swap them out with would be some 17" GN replicas. Love the stock wheels.

Right now the short term goals are the power adders.

Paid 10K.

Motor was rebuilt in '06 and has about 3,000 miles on it (no passes) and was built to handle upwards of 650 HP.

Chassis has 132K and the suspension is essentially new:

-Savitske Classic and Custom Stage 2 Street Comp with lightweight adjustable upper a-arms
-Eibach springs
-Koni adjustable shocks
-completely rebuilt f/e with polygraphite bushings and Global West adjuster sleeves and Del-a-lum lower a-arm bushings
-front frame braces (F-41 braces)
-rear seat braces
-1" Spohn rear sway bar.

Car handles really well for what it is. The drop is 3" front, 1.5" rear.

It's essentially rust free. Some surface rust on the bottom of the driver's door. Frame is clean and accident free.

I needed a project to work on and this is working out well for me. Just wish the friggin' winter would ease up a bit. This is definitely the worst one I've seen in years....

Thanks again...

Dan

JJ1997PGSVT

Established Member
Good looking GN. Always loved those cars. The wheels don't work for me either, but I like the idea of putting stock looking wheels on. Sleeper look FTW.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Very cool project/toy! Once the weather gets better we'll have to get some videos of it in action!

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Thanks, guys. I'm personally ok with the rims. And they're new (along with the Potenzas). About the only thing I'd swap them out with would be some 17" GN replicas. Love the stock wheels.

Right now the short term goals are the power adders.

Paid 10K.

Motor was rebuilt in '06 and has about 3,000 miles on it (no passes) and was built to handle upwards of 650 HP.

Chassis has 132K and the suspension is essentially new:

-Savitske Classic and Custom Stage 2 Street Comp with lightweight adjustable upper a-arms
-Eibach springs
-Koni adjustable shocks
-completely rebuilt f/e with polygraphite bushings and Global West adjuster sleeves and Del-a-lum lower a-arm bushings
-front frame braces (F-41 braces)
-rear seat braces
-1" Spohn rear sway bar.

Car handles really well for what it is. The drop is 3" front, 1.5" rear.

It's essentially rust free. Some surface rust on the bottom of the driver's door. Frame is clean and accident free.

I needed a project to work on and this is working out well for me. Just wish the friggin' winter would ease up a bit. This is definitely the worst one I've seen in years....

Thanks again...

Dan
If ya don't mind me askin what kind of rear seat brace?
Is it the stock GNX style or a diff one?
I'm lookin to add some cornering ability to my cutlass, and have been lookin into the GNX braces as well as all new suspension in the rear with new shocks and springs up front. How does the setup your runnin ride?
I want sotin that's a comfy ride and handles better than stock.

Users who are viewing this thread