speaker boxes which one

98LazerRedCobra

lazer red
Established Member
ok guys i wanna buy a speaker box for a 12 sub just a single where on earth can i get a good decent one at a resenable price any pics or ideas let me know thanks in adv ance

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Depende on what sub your getting... You want to match the cubic Ft that the subwoofer needs.

Then its things like ported, sloted or sealed.. Whats the difference you ask?

To my ears ported/ slotted boxes have a loose/ hollow sound to them but they are louder and provide more of the car shaking ability. Sealed boxes provide more tight bass .

I prefer a 1.5 cubic foot sealed box with a 12" kicker L7.

Ive installed more stereo systems than I can count. What products do you plan on going with?

Last edited:

98LazerRedCobra

lazer red
Established Member
well i dont have much cash but i bought an infinity 12 inch sub i want a seal box and the amp came with it is a boss 1600 watt amp i just want a box that look have decent u know also what kind i put so he batterie neddle doesnt dance so much

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
If you dont want the battery voltage to drop, install a 1 fared capasitor per 1000 watts and make sure the system is fully charged before you use it.

Just go to your local stereo shop and pick up a sealed box then.

Robuilt

lookin for Gen1 Lightning
Established Member
So I'm guessing for someone more interested in a Rock/Pop type set up, a sealed box would be more appropriate?

98LazerRedCobra

lazer red
Established Member
So I'm guessing for someone more interested in a Rock/Pop type set up, a sealed box would be more appropriate?

well i would listen to pop roc but am too busy listening to the kukaracha song u morron any ways thats the thing i got a sealed box bot it won fit under the factory amps thats why i wanted one that can fit nice and tight under that tight space

Robuilt

Established Member
Did you just call me a morron? Lol

My question was valid cause I'm more of a rock fan and had a similiar question...

Napp E Roots

Established Member
i got a sealed box bot it won fit under the factory amps thats why i wanted one that can fit nice and tight under that tight space

ya it is a tight fit but they have em out there

yes go with a sealed for rock/pop, any shop can build one or if you can use power tools you could even do it

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
You can't hardly spell every third word you post but your calling someone a moron because they chimed in with pertinent questions of their own. Or morron, actually.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I removed my factory amps when I did mine. Your either going to need a custom box, a truck box and put it on its back or a 10" sub and box.

Robuilt... Yes a sealed box would work well for rock.

Last edited:

Robuilt

Established Member
Lol yeah I'm the Moron, cause its not spelled morron lol. But I indeed had a valid question. I'm tired of the local radio stations always playing La Kuckaracha since I'm "latino" lol and live so close to the border.

Its all cool though, I got my question answered.

Users who are viewing this thread