Stalling when starting the cobra... Think its the MAF

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Last night I started the car for the first time in 6 months after rebuilding the blower, upgrading the blower lines to braided lines and re-piping the intercooler.

When the car starts the RMP's go up to 2k and it falls right on its face. If I put my foot on the gas, it will stay running but fall on its face.

Found my Vac/Boost gauge was bad and only reading -5 (sticking for some reason), replaced the gauge and its @ -20. This makes me think it’s not a vac leak and I’ve double checked everything vac related.

So I disconnected my MAF and the car starts and idles with no issues. I pulled the MAF (PMAS) tube and checked to make sure there weren’t any leaks after the MAF and it looked fine. I cleaned the MAF with contact cleaner, let it dry and re-installed it. The stalling issue is still there after cleaning the MAF.

I don’t think its a vac leak, and the car runs with the MAF unplugged.

So, do you think the MAF is bad or something I’m not thinking of? :shrug:

Also, I Set the TPS voltage to .98 and replaced the IAC.

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
it is runs fine with the maf unplugged it's running off of the load with failed maf value tables in your tune. this would point to a failed maf no pun intended. that's where I go with the troubleshooting. however- have you verified that you have power and ground to the maf harness?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I just printed out the electrical diagrams and am going to check that after work. Im also going to double check the IC piping to make certain there arent any leaks.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Looks like there arent any leaks in the Intercooler pipes and the MAF harness is reading the correct voltage and grounds...

Any thoughts?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Just an update incase anyone else has a similar issue... looks like it was the tune... Got a new tune from Johnny Lightning and it starts, runs and drives... Now its time to hit the dyno...

crazycarlo

Established Member
Nice man glad you got it running. I bet it feels good. Let us know how the dyno session goes. Vids maybe haha.

Users who are viewing this thread