Stock Challenger SRT-8 (392) Dynoed - 443rwtq/452rwhp

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
This is what a STALL and GEARS will get a bolt on RT!

7November2010.jpg

11.78 @ 114 mph
1.59 60'
+53 DA

Thompson Raceway Park in Thompson Ohio.
A.J. (hemituner) tweaked the tune, but no new mods, same 3740 weight.

First run, I spun bad off the line...forgot how cold it was outside!
Here are the other 4 runs of the day...

11.78 @ 114.18 mph 60'=1.59
11.84 @ 113.88 mph 60'=1.61
11.91 @ 113.32 mph 60'=1.61
11.85 @ 113.04 mph 60'=1.59

Edit: Daylight savings time strikes again. The track did not turn back the clocks, so the time on the slip is off by one hour. DA at the time of the run was actually -129'

[ame=http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=242611]Raised the 5.7 N/A bar today. - LX Forums | Dodge Charger Challenger Magnum | SRT8 | Chrysler 300 Forum[/ame]

His new PB.
Atco19Nov2010.jpg

WOW!!!! What do ya know?!! The TOP L99 ran a 11.789 to a RT's 11.782 with pretty much identical mods!! Say it aint so!!

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Countless? So far I counted only one that you posted. If they're (L99 Camaro) so readily available start posting slips,threads, and vids. You are crazy if you think a unopened, bolt on L99 will run as strong as a bolt on 5.0. The gap between the L99 and RT is MUCH closer than the gap between the 5.0 and L99.

There are quite a few bolt-on L99s trapping over 112mph in the 12s. Please refer to the link I posted! ;-) That's just ONE forum too, there are countless guys running just as quick or quicker.

I'm not going to dig up every video of where an L99 performed great. I'm simply stating they're capable of going faster stock and modded.

The SLOWEST L99 on that bolt-on list is still trapping 112mph.

[ame=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpost.php?p=325919&postcount=2]2011 Camaro Z28 Camaro Forum / Camaro Z28 SS Forums - Camaro5.com - View Single Post - Official 1/4 Mile 2010 Camaro Fast List[/ame]

The RT videos you posted are what the 2005-2010 Mustang GT guys have been achieving. 12.3s to 12.9s @ 105-109mph.

This was awhile ago, but this member ran a 12.51@108mph with a 2010 GT with just a drop-in filter and drag wheels.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/time-slip-bar-42/616920-results-2010-gt-w-slicks-skinnies.html

haha ANYWAYS..

Challenger R/T = 2005-2010 Mustang GT

L99 Camaro > R/T and pre 2011 GTs

SS > than all the ^ by a big margin. :beer: It's just physics man, the Camaro is lighter and more powerful. With mild bolt-ons the gap just opens up even more. No full weight Challenger R/T is going to be capable of trapping 115mph+ with simple bolt-ons. The L99 is not much different than an LS3, which means it responds VERY WELL to mods.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
The new 8 spd auto is a year out FWIW. The new Cummins gets it too.

Also, how is the new GT500 cheaper?

You missed that only 1,500 made part eh?
What do you think dealers will do with that?
You think these will sell for MSRP if they are limited run?
Expect huge ADMs on these.
And the 8spd is ONLY confirmed for the Cummins and the SRT8 Charger & 300C. No mention of the Challenger or any other Chrysler getting it.
And what do you think that new high tech 8spd will do to prices?
I expect it to add on atleast $2500 over base.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
A.J. (hemituner) tweaked the tune, but no new mods, same 3740 weight.

Nice, but a 3740 weight with a driver means that car has a lot of weight reduction.

Typically a Challenger R/T with a 175lb driver is nearly 4100lbs. ;-)

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
You missed that only 1,500 made part eh?
What do you think dealers will do with that?
You think these will sell for MSRP if they are limited run?
Expect huge ADMs on these.
And the 8spd is ONLY confirmed for the Cummins and the SRT8 Charger & 300C. No mention of the Challenger or any other Chrysler getting it.
And what do you think that new high tech 8spd will do to prices?
I expect it to add on atleast $2500 over base.

Geeze man, almost everything you spouted off is purely speculation or flat out wrong.

You have NO idea if/what the ADM's would be - total speculation on your part
You have NO idea what the new transmission will add to the price - total speculation on your part. $2500, yea right:lol:You have NO idea how many they will make - total speculatin on your part

"The Challenger SRT8 392 Inaugural Edition features standard Smooth Pearl White leather-trimmed seats and dual blue stripes accented by unique blue stitching, along with a numbered plaque showing the sequential build number from 1 to 1,492."
These are all just your OPINIONS. Zero facts

If the SRT8 charger and 300 are getting the new 8spd, there is a 100% chance the challenger will get it, if only for the mileage gains They are basically the same platforms.

Last edited:

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Nice, but a 3740 weight with a driver means that car has a lot of weight reduction.

Typically a Challenger R/T with a 175lb driver is nearly 4100lbs. ;-)

OK show me where that FASTEST L99 states that it is at full weight... Also even at that weight its still about the same as a camaro.How is it running as quick with so much less power and .3 less displacement???

I ordered my 09 Challenger R/T with just the 6 speed and my registration shows a weight of 3947 pounds .

What is the curb weight of the Challenger? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Funny how we went from the RT isnt even in the same league and will get raped by a L99, to with similiar mods its within .2 tenths toooo with exact same mods its actually quicker! lmao:rolling:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Funny how we went from the RT isnt even in the same league and will get raped by a L99, to with similiar mods its within .2 tenths toooo with exact same mods its actually quicker! lmao:rolling:

2tenths? HAHA...:sleeping: You went and dug up the fastest RTs you could find that is 300lbs+ lighter than stock and it's still not remotely as fast as an AUTOMATIC Camaro running 11.7s@117mph. That guy who ran 11.7s in his automatic Camaro is moderator on that forum, and yes the car is full weight with plain old Nitto NT05R tires, (it doesn't even have drag wheels, or smaller wheels with an ET street like that Challenger ya posted).

[ame=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2453218&postcount=632]2011 Camaro Z28 Camaro Forum / Camaro Z28 SS Forums - Camaro5.com - View Single Post - Official 1/4 Mile 2010 Camaro Fast List[/ame]

You can keep digging up all these times, and I can keep digging up timeslips for L99s; at the end of the day the L99 is a way more capable platform than the RT.

It's lighter and more powerful and all this with a power robbing automatic that is capable of trapping 4-6mph faster with bolt-ons. Considering automatics typically trap less that is a HUGE difference.

Funny, motortrend takes out the L99 Camaro and runs a 13.1@107mph.
2010 Chevrolet Camaro - Specs and Test Data - First Test - Motor Trend

Then another rag takes out an R/T.

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T Full Test on Inside Line

"Combine this with the Dodge's estimated curb weight of 4,041 pounds and you get our 0-60-mph run of 5.9 seconds (5.5 seconds using a 1-foot rollout like at a drag strip). The quarter-mile is dispatched in 14.1 seconds at 100.8 mph."

100mph 6spd vs 107mph automatic, HMM, I wonder which platform is more capable. :lol:

The automatic Camaro is faster than both the 6spd AND auto R/T..:bored: Disable the TM and add a couple bolt-ons and yes, it would be rape.

Anyways, that's my take on the capabilities. The only reason this argument exists is because for the money the R/T offers the least performance value of the 3. It might be closer to the automatic L99 Camaro, but it still is even slower than that. :)

There isn't much more I can add to this debate than that. That's my opinion, take it or leave it. :)

Last edited:

jleews6

Established Member
Im not sticking up for one car or the other because I like all three (Camaro,Mustang and Challenger) but just listen to a new 5.0 go down the track and then listen to a new Hemi.
It takes about 10 seconds to figure out a big part of the reason why the 5.0 is so much quicker. The gear ratio in the trans is so much closer and it keeps the motor in the "sweet" spot much better then the Challenger. Ill bet a stock challenger with the same trans as the mustang would go .3 to .4 quicker.

BABVenom98

Established Member
Im not sticking up for one car or the other because I like all three (Camaro,Mustang and Challenger) but just listen to a new 5.0 go down the track and then listen to a new Hemi.
It takes about 10 seconds to figure out a big part of the reason why the 5.0 is so much quicker. The gear ratio in the trans is so much closer and it keeps the motor in the "sweet" spot much better then the Challenger. Ill bet a stock challenger with the same trans as the mustang would go .3 to .4 quicker.

Um, the challenger weigh's more and is about the same on power...

Stevo151

Established Member
if i remember correctly the challenger weighs 4140 stock? :shrug:

every year cars are getting faster and faster... so im not saying this cant happen! the challenger is a nice car but IMO is overpriced and is a pig... its not something id drive but hey what do i know im only 19...

Last edited:

jleews6

Established Member
Um, the challenger weigh's more and is about the same on power...

UM, I know that but more gear in the challenger would give it .3 to .4 tenths.
I didnt say it would be faster I just said that if it had the same gear (trans and rear) it would pick up alot.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
2tenths? HAHA...:sleeping: You went and dug up the fastest RTs you could find that is 300lbs+ lighter than stock and it's still not remotely as fast as an AUTOMATIC Camaro running 11.7s@117mph. That guy who ran 11.7s in his automatic Camaro is moderator on that forum, and yes the car is full weight with plain old Nitto NT05R tires, (it doesn't even have drag wheels, or smaller wheels with an ET street like that Challenger ya posted).

Dude they had one, ONE L99 run that fast (117). The rest are right on par with RT's with the same bolt ons. 110-114mph. You talk about I went and dug up the fastest RT's, but werent you the first to start digging up magazine's videos off of youtube?? Which holds no weight in the racing community BTW. Then you posted a link to FASTEST 5TH GEN DATABASE....Oh I guess I wasnt supposed to reply back with anything right and make you look like a idiot. :dw: LMFAO

Now I posted real world videos from tracks of RT's kicking mustang and camaro ass. But oh wait that doesnt matter cause motor trend says the RT is slower. :rollseyes

Then you bring up this and that about why the RT is QUICKER than the QUICKEST L99 you posted. Ok maybe that L99 didnt have skinnies but more than a few of those L99's in that list had more mods than the RT's yet ran around the same times. Take away that freak show MPH on that fastest L99 and not one L99 on that list ran better than the top RT. Stop b*tching about weight last time I checked it was normal to take some weight out of a car, not uncommon at all with diehard racers. So go on camaro5 forum and spread the word about taking weight out so the L99 can be quicker than a little ole 5.7 RT. Cause as of right now, bottom line is the QUICKEST bolt on RT is QUICKER than the QUICKEST bolt on L99. END OF STORY.

PS Stop bringing up Motor Trend, Car and Driver, Inside line, Martha Stewart, Good Housekeeping, Oprah and Consumer Report articles about how the RT isnt as quick as a L99. It is very very G@Y!!! LOL go get some real life stuff like I get. :bash:

Last edited:

Kewlv8

Established Member
Replies in red

BTW GT500s MSRP starts at 48k not 55k. 48-45= $3,000 difference where the **** are you getting 11k from?

Your right, in base trim it is.But the SRT8 comes pretty maxed out as is so equip the Shelby close to what the SRT8 and its def 50K+. I just built one on ford.com and it came out to 57k+ but i guess i dont need a glass roof. So minus 2k and what do ya know we're at 55k

Don't skew numbers to favor your argument. Both the Base GT500 and SRT8 come pretty well equipped (aka maxed out) at the base MSRP of ~$49k for the Shelby, and ~$45k for the 2011 SRT8 (SRT8 has GG Tax of $1,700, none for the GT500). Real difference is ~$5k, but the Shelby has more options to add to it than the SRT8, including glass roof, Track Pack, etc. which is why your totals came out so high).

Users who are viewing this thread