Stock springs vs ford springs vs eibach sportline springs

chuckstang

Established Member
24 1/4 drivers
24 1/8 passenger

Great thank you

So yours is the oppostie of mine. Mine being 1/8 higher on passenger side vs the drivers.

IMO Ford can go screw because I am pretty sure the FRPP springs only lower the front 1" so therefore 1/8"-1/4" off is quite a bit. Enough for me to notice without a measuring stick.

They were sort of insulted when I asked them to take a look at it.

Adjustable coil overs in my future some day.

Keep the measurements coming guys, I appreciate it.

RSH427R

Established Member
Great thank you

So yours is the oppostie of mine. Mine being 1/8 higher on passenger side vs the drivers.

IMO Ford can go screw because I am pretty sure the FRPP springs only lower the front 1" so therefore 1/8"-1/4" off is quite a bit. Enough for me to notice without a measuring stick.

They were sort of insulted when I asked them to take a look at it.

Adjustable coil overs in my future some day.

Keep the measurements coming guys, I appreciate it.

BTW mine are Eibach Pro Series with stock struts and stock upper mounts.

chuckstang

Established Member
Mine are Steeda Upper Strut Mounts which did need to be assembled so perhaps if I had just used the factory mounts which are pre assembled, it would be even.

I dont know, do you think I should pursue and try to get it right or just live with it

Whenever I measure it I get 1/4" higher, they happend to get 1/8"

RSH427R

Established Member
Mine are Steeda Upper Strut Mounts which did need to be assembled so perhaps if I had just used the factory mounts which are pre assembled, it would be even.

I dont know, do you think I should pursue and try to get it right or just live with it

Whenever I measure it I get 1/4" higher, they happend to get 1/8"

I'm not concerned about mine. Has anyone measured a stock setup for you? I bet you will see some variation there also.

Leonard 95

Established Member
Honestly Chuck what do you want ford to do? You have ford springs, steeda upper strut plates, I would try stock strut plates before I do anything!

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Guys, those with lowering springs and such, if you could please measure your front ride height, from bottom of rim to bottom of fender lip.

I went to my dealer because I measured that my front passenger side was .25" higher which was unacceptable to me, but they measured only 1/8" higher and said no way will we take that all apart for only 1/8 of an inch. I am just curious if its normal to see 1/8" variance from side to side.

Believe it or not regardless of what measurement the dealership got, you can see a difference when you look at the stance of my car from one side to the other.

Just if you those with lowered cars could do this for me, it would be helpful. I guess part of me is hopig they are right and all cars are off from one side to the other, sorry!

Thanks !

at first it appeared I was off by an 1/8" then I re-checked (with level line) and the ground wasn't level. now I'm damn near perfect on both sides.
just make sure you're on a leveled service, your eye won't pick this up but
your level line will;-)

FYI- I just stacked 4 quarters and rapped my line around each stack...level was dead on

chuckstang

Established Member
Honestly Chuck what do you want ford to do? You have ford springs, steeda upper strut plates, I would try stock strut plates before I do anything!

Ya, I would have to guess you are right and the only reason I have variance at all is because I used the Steeda strut mounts, not Ford. Anotherwords I would guess Ford's tolerances are alot tighter and closer than that of the aftermarket, even Steeda for that matter.

How much do you guys think it would be to to uninstall the front struts/springs and swap back to the factory mounts, and align?

RSH427R

Established Member
I installed my own :shrug: Not very hard to do now that you have them in. Shouldn't need a spring compressor. Alignment is another issue. I haven't had mine checked yet.

chuckstang

Established Member
So do you need to remove the entire strut/spring assembly in order to replace the upper strut mounts?

Sounds like not a big deal, I'm really surprised my tech made such a hissy fit over it, I mean they could have charged me an hour labor and I'd be cool with it, but he probably knew that they would charge something ridiculous and would not want to repay for that.

chuckstang

Established Member
how are you guys getting your alignment dialed in useing the factory upper strut mounts?

My steedas provide more adjustment than the factory

thx

RSH427R

Established Member
Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
random question, but, is it bad for your car if you store it on a garage floor that is cracked diagonally down the middle and is falling away, meaning the floor is not level at all.

Potentially, some day, at least what they said when we bought the house, we may have to completely redo the whole thing but in the mean time, is it bad for the car to keep parked on ground like that?

I mean its that or outside and I have placed cocking along the crack to see if its actually moving, and it is not enough to notice any difference since Ive been there for the past year or 2

thx

RSH427R

Established Member
FYI my 08 Tahoe 52,000 miles measures 31 1/8 and 31 5/8

I will measure my wife's BMW when she gets home

Leonard 95

Established Member
i have the pro kit and the ride is rather bouncy, not impressed. i am hoping that the chicanes will bring the car up enough that i do not have to change the springs because i think it will look great with the 20's:shrug:

I figured I would update since its been about a week since I have done this and you had a complaint about being bouncy. If you think the ride is bouncy, you will need to get shocks/struts. I have done some adjusting to the tokico d-specs, I was 2 turns loose and it was very bouncy and harsh riding over bumps. I then adjusted 4 turns loose, what a total difference, it rides like stock now with this much of a drop. You won't be dissappointed with the d-specs!

LthlGt500

Established Member
so what are the drawbacks of installing only the sportline springs on a stock gt500 suspension.....rough ride?

Users who are viewing this thread